Excessive savance in cats is an atypical symptom, but not always signaling about developing pathology. You need to refer to the vet to determine the cause of this phenomenon. Independent treatment is unacceptable, since it is possible that this phenomenon is due to physiology and quite harmless, although in some cases a consequence of a complex disease and requires comprehensive treatment. What can trigger a strong salivation from the cat and how to eliminate this symptom?
How is a saliva stand out in normal cat?
Normally, the cat should flow from the mouth of the cat, but should not panic if a little transparent liquid appears on the face. Saving (salivation) increases with the irritation of taste receptors beloved pet or bitter medicine. In this case, the process lasts no more than 15-20 minutes, after which the wool dries around the mouth. Normally, hypersion is also observed in the teething of the kitten's teeth. During this period, the prevention of inflammation needs to regularly process the gums of the kitten with a special gel.
Why does a healthy cat be abundantly drooling?
Why does the cat flow drool when she does not hurt anything? Most often, excessive salivation is due to physiological causes.
Do not panic, if during sleeping in a healthy animal sometimes flows the stream of saliva. This happens when a pet is deeply immersed in sleep and his muscles relax as much as possible. Interesting hypersion does not require veterinarian intervention and is not accompanied by such symptoms as weakness and apathy, elevated temperature, change of appetite, diarrhea, etc.
Reaction to affection
If the cat has a special connection with the owner, then when stroking it can highlight a lot of saliva. At the time of communication with the beloved owner, the animal is completely relaxing. Excess saliva is an indicator of trust and attachment to a person. Representatives of cat breeds with elongated muzzles are different, in particular sphinxes and orientals. The longer such cats are stroking, the louder they purr.
Slyunomotellation before feeding
Slyunomotod is increasing if the animal was hung or fed it at the same time. You can see the thin flowing of the saliva flowing from the edge of the mouth. Saving increases with the use of beloved food, vegetable products, except those that contain a lot of water (cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, apples, etc.), and dry finished feed. In this case, saliva is needed to split carbohydrates and softening solid pieces.
Availability in the oral cavity of an extraneous subject
The cat flows saliva due to the stuck between the teeth of small objects, bone particles, pieces of food, etc. You can see how a pet is trying to get rid of discomfort, licking his teeth with the language, but then gets used to him and does not roll any concern. It is necessary to inspect the mouth of the pet, and if the foreign object did not provoke inflammation or abscess, remove it with tweezers and process gums by antiseptic. The complications require a specialist help.
Why did the elderly pets often run the saliva fighting and what should be done in this case? Over time, the teeth and gums of the animal wear out, which is accompanied by an increase in the breeding of the pathogenic flora in the oral cavity. It makes the salivary glands produce more saliva to neutralize the action of bacteria and prevent inflammation. Pets who have reached 12-14 years old should often pass preventive inspections, their oral cavity requires particularly careful care, since with age risk of gingivitis, caries and periodontosis increases many times.
Sluting as a reaction to stress
If a pet is not sick, but began to let a lot of saliva, perhaps it is provoked by stress. Emotional overvoltage can be caused by changes in the diet and conditions of content, overcooling or overheating, treatment of any disease, traveling or moving, etc. It can be noted that the animal has become restless, often and actively loses its wool, hides in secluded places, avoids contacts with Households and with other animals.
Taking a bitter medicinal preparation
Due to oral administration of anthelminny, painkillers, antispasmodic and other drugs, the cat is experiencing a feeling of bitterness and numbness in the mouth. To "wash" a bitter taste, the salivary glands begin to work intensively, because of which saliva flows drops. Depending on the amount of accepted medication, the cat is noted as a minor increase in salivation and their abundant expiration, which ceases after 15-20 minutes. Often, animals on long-term treatment, saliva begins to flow directly before taking the drug.
Hypercation as a symptom of pathological condition, treatment of violations
Hypersion is not an independent disease. Its appearance often means that pathology develops in the body. The help of the veterinarian is required if the saliva pets foams, it smells unpleasant, wool around the oral cavity and on the sternum is always wet and the liquid stands out constantly, even in a dream. The patient's pet can also be seen such symptoms as weakness and apathy or, on the contrary, restless behavior, vomiting, diarrhea, an unpleasant smell of grazing and others.
Trichobesoary in Zhkt.
Trichobesoars - wool lumps that pet swallow when care for its fur coat. Normally, they are removed with the feces, but sometimes accumulate in the thick departments of the intestines, provoking constipation, vomiting with undigested slices of food, rejection of food, thirst, nausea and increased savory. To prevent the formation of trichobesoars, it is necessary to give pets fresh grass, greens and vegetables or special feed, to provide him with constant access to clean water, regularly combed its wool.
Food or chemical poisoning
Thanks to the aggravated sense of cats, the poisoning of food and chemicals rarely meet. If the pet has yet poisoned food, it has nausea and elevated salivation, diarrhea, vomiting, weakness and unpleasant smell of mouth. If it is definitely known that the cause of poisoning is the food, it is necessary to rinse the stomach of the pet with a weak salt solution. After that, the animal is given 0.5-1 tablet of activated carbon dissolved in 1 tbsp. l. water. If these measures do not give any effect, the help of a specialist is required.
We need to immediately show a cat by a specialist if he poisoned the chemical.
The heartbeat's poisoned pets, eyes will be watched, breathing becomes intermittent and constantly drips saliva due to muscle spasms in the area of the larynx. In this case, it is impossible to wash the stomach before the introduction of the antidote, so as not to provoke a new surge in intoxication. After removing the chemical from the body, the cat is prescribed a hungry diet for a day, infusion therapy, dropper with glucose, preparations for maintaining the operation of cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
PTA cavity diseases
Hypercupation can be caused by a casual salivary glands (Mukocele). The disease is characterized by the blockage of salivary ducts, which is why saliva accumulates around the gland, provoking her swelling. Treatment of pathology involves combining conservative and operational methods. The pet is given antibacterial and strengthening immunity drugs, and education is partially opened, drainaged or completely removed.
Gingivitis, or the inflammation of the gums, is the complication of other diseases of the oral cavity, most often a dental stone and caries. Pathology is treated by processing gums disinfecting and painkillers. To speed up the regeneration of tissues, the damaged mucosa is treated with oil solutions of vitamins A and E, the ointments of Aktovegin and SalkoSeril. Pet also need to give antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Increased salivation can be caused by the following infectious diseases:
- Feline leukemia (viral leukemia). Pathology is the defeat of the immune system of the cat with the FELV virus. The disease does not have external symptoms and is manifested in the form of other pathologies developing against the background of weakened immunity, primarily stomatitis and gingivitis, because of which drools constantly go. The disease is incurable, but you can extend the life of a pet, using immunomodulators, antibacterial and antiviral drugs, blood transfusion (in severe cases). An animal is needed attentive care and a special diet.
- Feline calicivirosis. The infection of the upper respiratory tract is manifested by weakness and lethargy, increased temperature, vomiting, refusal of food, discharge from the nose, conjunctivitis and small yases in the oral cavity. During therapy, pets are made anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, immunostimulating and anti-eased drugs. Wounds in the mouth are processed by disinfecting and analgesic gel.
- Rabies. Abundant foaming salivation is one of the main symptoms according to which this disease is determined. Sluts flow due to muscle spasm in the pharynx area. Depending on the form of the disease, the pet is also noted by such signs as vomiting, diarrhea, including with blood admixture, changing food habits, turbidity of the cornea of the eyes and the expansion of pupils, but the main thing is atypical behavior. The sick pet is becoming apathetic and sluggish, it is obsessively affectionate, not for a minute not separating from the owner, then irritable and aggressive. The disease is incurable. Infectioned animal shier.
Pathology of the tract and other bodies
Options cause such pathologies of the digestive system like gastritis, enteritis, colitis, pancreatitis, gallbladder inflammation, helminthiasis, tumors. The diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are characterized by vomiting, diarrhea, foreign inclusions in powerful masses (blood, mucus, eggs of helminths), with a rotten smell of grazing, yellowing of the oral mucosa, etc.
Regardless of the pathology, therapy requires a temporary change in the diet of a pet and compliance with a hungry diet in the first days of illness.
Animals are prescribed anesthetic, antispasmodic, antiemetic, anti-inflammatory and enzyme preparations. In severe cases, medicines are used to maintain the work of the cardiovascular system. To eliminate the consequences of dehydration, infusion therapy is carried out, and to remove dead areas of affected organs - operational intervention.
When the cat flows saliva - this is an alarming symptom, noting that it is necessary to urgently consult from a veterinary doctor. After all, it can be the cause of many diseases and to identify them only by a specialist. To do this, it is required to inspect the animal, collect anamnesis and conduct a number of analyzes and research that it is impossible to do at home.
Norms of selection of saliva
Saliva performs a number of important functions in the body. For example, it helps when digesting food, moisturizes it and helps when swallowing, due to bactericidal properties, it displaces food, protects the dental enamel, as well as the language and gums of cats from traumatization, etc. There are a number of situations where abundant salivation is the norm and should not scare Hosts:
- At the sight of food or feeling its smell;
- before feeding;
- in the process of chewing, especially dry feed;
- under stress;
- After receiving bitter or irritant drugs, such as antickest drugs in tablets or suspensions.
Normally, it is possible to detect the presence of saliva on the wool of a pet and around his mouth. But if it begins to flow or highlights its large number and there is no tendency to reduce it, it is worth contacting the vet.
The process of disturbing or separation of saliva in scientific is called savance and is not a disease. If, when inspection, the doctor speaks about hypersivation (ptalism) is not necessary, this term means excessive selection.
Signs of excess saliva
In order to determine whether salivation has improved in a pet, you need to pay attention to some factors in his behavior:
- the appearance of swallowing movements;
- The occurrence of wet spots in the place where the cat is sleeping, for example, on the bedspread;
- constant and repetitive scratching of the corners and protruding items;
- Acquisition of an untidy kind of wool on the chest, neck and face with sufficient care of it from the owners;
- the lethargy of the language, the piping of his mouth of the pet;
- The formation of "icicles" on the coat of a cat.
Types of hypersion
Several of its species are distinguished: banal and pathological, contagious and unsuccessful. At the same time, some are not a sign of serious pathology, others, on the contrary, are concerned about the health of the cat.
For its development there are a number of reasons:
- An animal is excessively affectionate and thus exhibits its love for the owners. When caressing, stroking a cat when he begins to climb, he is distinguished by saliva from his mouth. The most commonly similar situation occurs when the content of Sphynxes and other animal breeds with elongated facets. Another state can develop during the period of sexual hunting. The only minus of this is drooling on furniture and clothing.
- The presence of an extraneous subject in the oral cavity. In most cases, the cat carefully chews the feed, but due to the special structure of the teeth (the small distance between the alveolar proceedings and the side surface of the crown part) of food particles can be stuck there. A pet will try to pull out the foreign object, but it does not always succeed, which leads to excessive salivation. Therefore, before you go to the veterinarian, it is worth examining the cat's mouth independently for food residues and detect it. If it failed to do - consult in the vetclinite.
- Eating spiders and insects. Cats are extremely inquisitive from nature and often eaten a flush fly or a moth. But many of the arthropods are bitter taste, and in some types of spiders, contains toxic and bitter juice used to digest food. In this connection, irritation of receptors in the mouth of a pet occurs, which is manifested by hypersion. If the elevated salivation has not passed itself during the day, accompanied by vomiting or diarrhea - you need help from a specialist.
- Speaker. Many cats are poorly tolerated long trips. If the abundant selection of saliva occurs in transport - this is a temporary process and disappears independently upon completion of the journey. Majet is accompanied by vomiting and nausea.
- Dumping antiparasitic preparations with wool. It may lead to poisoning leading to an increased salivation.
Such a state requires mandatory medical care to an animal and has a number of characteristic features:
- Increased salivation occurs at different times of the day, regardless of environmental changes;
- The volume of saliva varies, with each time it is becoming more and more;
- The attack lasts more than 2 hours;
- There are additional symptoms.
Major diseases and conditions causing pathological hypersion
Diseases that can cause hypersion.
This is a lump of swallowed wool, which is formed in a thick cat pet. There is a more dense content and less active peristalistic. All cats swallow the hairs when lining and most often they come out naturally, but sometimes these formations are formed. At the same time, other symptoms will be present, and other symptoms will be present: the appetite decreases and the water consumption increases, the belly of the pet swells and, when feeling it is easily determined by the bloating in the thick intestine, there are long constipation with a trend towards chronic. The hair ball can lead to a complete blockage of the intestinal lumen, which in turn will provoke low intestinal obstruction.
With this condition, an urgent surgical operation is required. To identify trichoberear, such research methods are used as an ultrasound and r-graphics of the abdominal cavity.
This is quite rare, but still a possible condition of cats. The most frequent reasons are: poisonous plants, drugs, mercury, household chemicals, overdue food, bait for rats, etc. If the poisoning substances enter the digestive tract, the body activates the elimination system, as it tries to get rid of toxins as soon as possible. This is accompanied not only by increasing salivation, but also vomiting, nausea, diarrhea. The pet refuses to eat, but at the same time begins to drink a lot, breathing becomes frequent and superficial. With a high concentration of blood poisons, general symptoms of intoxication develop, the work of the CNS, cardiovascular and respiratory systems is disturbed. Such a state requires ambulance, as it may be a life-degrading.
Diseases of oral cavity
They can provoke elevated salivation, among the most likely distinguishes:
- Mukocele or cysts in salivary glands. In this case, the disclosure of salivary ducts is cleaned, which leads to excessive accumulation of saliva in the organ and the formation of one or more cyst. An additional symptom is swelling and pain in the area of the gland.
- Gingivitis - gum inflammatory disease. At the same time they blush, scatter and hurt. In the launched stages of the cat can fall out teeth.
- Abscess in the pulp of the tooth. This is a purulent process, it is possible to suspect it not only for hypersivia, but also when inspecting the mouth. The teeth have carious cavities, chips, cracks and other enamers.
Sometimes there are cases when salivation caused by infectious diseases that are dangerous to the health of the cat in the absence of treatment. These include:
- Viral leukemia (feline leukemia). This disease is developing as a result of a virus hitting the White Blood Taurus (leukocytes), which is responsible for immunity. The main symptoms: chronic stomatitis and gingivitis, leading to the loss of teeth. The medicine from this virus is currently not developed, only symptomatic therapy is carried out, aimed at maintaining the general well-being of a pet. The duration of the cat's life during leukemia is significantly reduced.
- Rabies - an extremely dangerous and infectious disease, striking not only animals, but also people. It is characterized by an increased flow of viscous saliva with rich excretion of foam from the mouth, fear of water and sound when it is overflowing, excessive aggressiveness and inadequacy of behavior, convulsions are possible. The disease is currently the development of medicine is incurable. In connection with which the cat or the cat is sleeping and burned to the corpse. This is done to prevent the infection of people and the spread of the disease.
Not only in humans, but also in cats is allergic. It can be food, medicinal, etc. For example, with a sharp change of the usual feed to another. If abundant salivation has not passed after 2-3 days, accompanied by vomiting, diarrhea or constipation - it is better to return to the former nutrition.
The presence in the body of the pet pet can provoke hypercupation.
Diseases of the digestive tract and liver
In addition to increased salivation, such states and diseases are accompanied by an unpleasant, rotten smell of the cat's mouth, trouble with the emptying of the intestine (diarrhea, constipation). When problems with the liver both congenital and acquired, the process of neutralizing toxins coming with blood flow into the body is disturbed, which also provokes an increase in saliva volumes. The nose at the same time the pet becomes dry and warm, the tongue is covered with a thick brown raid. With congenital pathology, such a state is developing in the kittens in the first year of life, and when purchased - in an adult state.
The development of tumors in the gastrointestinal tract can provoke elevated salivation. This disease is difficult to diagnose due to a long lack of bright symptoms and often owners turn to the veterinarian in the launched cases when the cat is already helping. Such pathology is most susceptible to old animals, but is found at young age.
There may be several of them:
- Excessive love for the owner. When stroking from pleasure, the cat can let droach, which is not a sign of pathology.
- Stress. When moving, a large cluster of unfamiliar people in the apartment, the appearance of new pets and another animal may feel emotional discomfort, which will appear in the form of salivation.
Host actions at dumbfounding in a cat
With an increased salivation, the host should first try to determine whether it is not caused by psychological reasons or jams of the foreign body in the oral cavity. If both of these factors are excluded, it is necessary to urgently ask for veterinary care, as this may be a sign of a serious illness, including contagious for humans.
To determine the causes of such a state, the veterinarian will assign a number of manipulations:
- A full inspection of a pet and the collection of anamnesis of the disease is carried out;
- A general and clinical analysis of the blood of feces on the helminthiasis is prescribed during suspected glitne invasion;
- The mouth is examined for the presence of foreign bodies;
- The state of the teeth, the presence of chips, cracks, carious cavities on them is studied;
- Ultrasound and radiography are carried out in order to study the state of the digestive tract and determining the presence or absence of foreign bodies and trichobesoars;
- Urine analysis is surrendered to identify concomitant pathology and clarify the general state of the pet.
Possible appointments and other studies depending on the identified pathology.
Tactics depends on the reasons that caused an increased salivation. If this is injury - prescribe ointment, drops and creams. In psychological problems - sedatives. In case of internal organs - comprehensive therapy, taking into account the identified pathology. In each case, a scheme is selected suitable for a particular cat.
To engage in independent treatments and give medicines is not safe for the health and life of the pet and its owners, since only a specialist can distinguish contagious from an unsuccessful disease.
Mr. Cat recommends: Prevention of transparent salivation
Adhering to simple rules, you can avoid the appearance of excess drooling at the pet. Among the mains can be allocated:
- Store out of the reach of all medicines, poisonous substances and household chemicals to avoid feeding by their pet;
- abandon the breeding of poisonous room colors or remove them into another room, where there is no access to the animal;
- regularly inspect the cat's mouth to not miss the beginning of the infectious process;
- constantly monitor the diet of the animal, eliminate sharp bones and excessively solid particles from it;
- Bloch preparations should be dripped on the wool to the place where the cat will not be able to lick (for example, on the withers);
- timely conduct vaccination against infectious diseases;
- Minimum 1 time per year to show a pet veterinarian for conducting a prophylactic inspection.
It is important to remember that with any changes in the state of the animal it is better to consult with a specialist, and not hope that it will pass.
Unlike dogs, cats alien slumpness. If the cat or cat is flowing transparent saliva from the mouth, then you need to know why this happens. A similar phenomenon is not always associated with pathology, but if none of the physiological reasons fit - the animal is better to take into the clinic.
1. How hypersion is manifested
- Normal salivation
- Abnormal salivation
2. Causes not related to the disease
- Reception of bitter medication or chemical extension
- Retracting on the trip
- Strong famous
- Outly balance
- A foreign object in the teeth
- Old age
3. Pathological reasons
- Virus: rabies, calcivirosis, rinotracheitis
- Oncology - leukemia
- Cat is going to bump wool
- poisoning and nausea
- diseases of the oral cavity
- Infection of worms
- Pathology of the GTC
- reaction to stress
4. What to do the owner
5. In what cases the animal requires treatment
6. Care and prevention
How hypersion is manifested
Normal drooling at the cat and cats is called savory, and increased - hypersalization. When the norm is deviated from the norm, you must pay attention to the accompanying symptoms.
First of all, saliva is needed to moisten the absorbed food. Strong salivation is observed in cats that eat dry food. It is absolutely normal. Saliva wakes up dry granules, facilitating their swallowing and passing the esophagus. It also performs a protective function: disinfects the swallowed pieces of food, prevents damage to the enamel of teeth and mucous oily cavity.
Hypersalization from the kitten occurs when the milk teeth is rubbering. With the advent of a full combat set, it stops by itself.
With normal drooling, cats are a little worst around the mouth. If saliva dripping constantly, worsening the quality of the coat, and its volume gradually increases - consult a doctor. Such a situation needs mandatory diagnosis.
In addition to worsening the quality of wool on the face, neck and chest, the owner should alert and other disturbing symptoms:
the formation of wet traces at the Sleep Pet Sleep;
dumping language from the grazing arising because of its lethargy;
an increase in the number of daily washings;
Complete frequent swallowing movements.
In the presence of pathology, hypersion is complemented by concomitant symptomatics. The patient decreases appetite, apathy or increased excitability appears. With a worsening of the state, there may be violations by the gastrointestinal tract (vomiting, diarrhea), an increase in temperature and cough.
Reasons not related to the disease
The reasons for the increased salivation in the cat are not associated with the breed affiliation. Hypersion is found not only among thoroughbred pets, but also in mohets. In most cases, it is explained by physiology and does not require treatment.
Gorky medication or chemical exercise
With oral administration of bitter drugs in the mouth, an unpleasant flavor occurs, accompanied by light numbness. In an attempt to get rid of bitterness, salivary glands begin to work in reinforced mode. The amount of fluid released and the duration of its expiration is individual. On average, the process takes no more than 20 minutes. With long-term reception of medicines, hypersivation occurs not only after the substance is swallowed, but also shortly before.
Valibration of chemicals is better not allowed. In this case, abundant salivation is the most favorable outcome. Frequent contact with household chemicals or other hazardous substances can end with serious intoxication.
If the pet licks the packaging of the toilet cleaning agent right on your eyes, then, most likely, nothing happens to him. For security, watch it for some time and be sure to hide the chemical away from its eyes and agile paws.
Pointing on a trip
Animals, like people, are not insured against pressing in transport. In addition to enhanced salivation, a nausea and vomiting may occur during the trip. All listed symptoms at the end of the trip disappear independently.
The operation of the salivary glands slows down during the natural sleep and the state caused by artificially similar to it. Soon after the awakening from the anesthesia, an animal marked reinforced saliva. After replenishing the required volume of fluid, the work of the glands returns to the usual rhythm.
If the cat or cats regularly flow saliva, then the reason for this phenomenon is quite simple. With hourly feeding, the biological clock of the animal is given a signal about the emergent meal. The feeling of hunger is enhanced, and a thin stream of saliva appears from the mouth.
Try to avoid too large breaks, as the real hunger stimulates the production of gastric juice. Because of the increased acidity, the pet may develop erosion or ulcer.
Hypersion is characteristic of gentle pets, "melting" from the master strokes. Upon reaching the maximum pleasure, they are not only muttered, but also drool. Most often, such a feature is found at Sphinx and Oriental.
The cause of abundant salivation at the cat or cat may be a foreign object that is stuck in the teeth. If the pet is constantly licking - carefully inspect its oral cavity. In the absence of abscess and inflammation, a stuck bone, a piece of food or another foreign object can be obtained by a conventional tweezers.
When the appetite is reduced, frequent cough or vomit is better to contact the vet. The blood appearance is especially dangerous - the main symptom of internal damage. For saving the cat may require operation.
With the age of bones become more fragile. First of all it is reflected in the teeth. They are faster erased and fall out. Because of this, the gums turn out to be more vulnerable and often amazed by pathogenic microorganisms. To prevent the inflammatory process, the salivary glands begin to work in reinforced mode.
Cats older than 12 years often suffer from caries, gingivitis and periodontosis. To preserve the health of their teeth, it is necessary to regularly comply with the hygiene of the oral cavity and at least 2 times a year to undergo a prophylactic inspection in the vetlik.
It is worth thinking about pathology in the event that hypersion occurs at different times of the day and lasts more than 2 hours with a stable increase in saliva volume. Based on the concomitant symptoms, it is necessary to try to make a preliminary diagnosis on their own, since one of the possible causes is deadly for a person.
Virus: rabies, calcivirosis, rinotracheit
Sluting in cats occurs when infected with viruses. Depending on the symptoms, the pet can be infected:
Rabies . The most dangerous infection accompanied by behavioral changes, light and water-visa. If the disease proceeds in a violent form, then an infected may attack the owner. Any bite and scratch, obtained from the media of the virus, is deadly dangerous. Before the arrival of the vet, be sure to insulate the cat in a separate room and do not enter into contact with it.
Calicyviromom . Highly weakens the body. Accompanied by vomiting, inflammation of conjunctiva, stomatitis and damage to respiratory organs. It can cause chromotomot and pneumonia. The treatment of the disease is reduced to preventing a secondary infection that increases the likelihood of death up to80%. Additionally, the symptomatic therapy increases the immune response. As a result, the body destroys the virus on its own.
Rinotrachet . Causes the oppressed state and the loss of appetite. The patient rises the temperature, rhinitis, cough and shortness of breath appears. The expirations of eyes and nose can contain a pus. Treatment is carried out by analogy with calcivirosis. Without timely therapy, the disease develops into a chronic form. After recovery, 80% of the past patients remain the media of the virus, so it is important to prevent their contact with other animals.
Please note that treatment against rabies does not exist. The only way to help the sustained pet is to prevent his infection. This will help preventive recommendations and vaccination.
Oncology - leukemia
Leukemia, or blood cancer - deadly pathology of the hematopoietic system. As a result of the expansion of tumor tissue, healthy cells are replaced by malignant. The immunity of the patient is depressing, increasing the vulnerability of the body.
The main danger of this disease is the absence of external signs. You can detect blood cancer only by symptoms of secondary infections. Most often the mouth cavity is affected. Animal develops gingivities and stomatitis, accompanied by abundant savory.
Despite the lack of effective treatment, timely therapy prolongs the life of the patient while preserving the quality of his life. In addition to a special diet, veterinarians use antibiotics, antiviral drugs and immunomodulators. When severe condition, blood transfusion is required.
Cat is going to overturn wool
Periodic sweeping of wool is a natural process. Some owners specially give their pets fresh grass stimulating a vomit reflex. As a result of tightening from the mouth of the cat, small lumps of wool, or trichobesoars come out.
About the pathology say when hair lumps accumulate in the intestines. The resulting mass overlaps the passage of feces, causing constipation, vomiting with undigested pieces of food and abundant savory. Without timely assistance, the animal can die from the rupture of the intestinal walls.
For treatment, drugs dissolving accumulated hairs, and a special diet, normalizing digestion, are used. Operational intervention is resorted only with intestinal obstruction, when any stimulation of peristaltics is lethal for the patient.
Poisoning and nausea
Sluting, accompanied by frequent vomiting and diarrhea, is often associated with poisoning. Ingestion of spoiled food, detergents, human medicines or toxic plants can cause a spasm of the gentle muscles. If the breath of the cat is interrupted, and the heartbeat is enhanced - immediately take it into a vetclinic. Acute poisoning threatens with a fatal outcome.
It is used for the output of toxins, but in poisoning poisoning, it is originally necessary to enter antidote. Otherwise, the state of the pretentious patient will be aggravated. After the withdrawal of toxins, the animal is prescribed infusion therapy and a gentle diet.
Diseases of oral cavity
With a haunter, the animal develops gingivitis, that is, the inflammation of the gums. In addition to the enhanced operation of the salivary glands, this pathology is accompanied by a strong red painting. Also possible appearance of unpleasant odor.
Another possible cause of hypersivation is a mukocele, or a kist of the salivary glands. With this disease, blockage arises in the duct of the salivary glands. Accumulating fluid leads to a strong edema.
The diseases of the oral cavity remaining without treatment can lead to the fallout of the teeth. Depending on the diagnosis, the veterinarian prescribes antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, painkillers or more radical methods of therapy. In the launched cases, sick teeth are removed. Such an operation is carried out under general anesthesia.
The cat flows drools and with helminths. Infection is accompanied by loss of appetite and weight, bloating and the seal of the abdomen. Helminet life waste causes strong intoxication. To get rid of malicious substances, the body uses vomiting and diarrhea. These symptoms are very dangerous for kittens - because of dehydration they may die.
Anthelmintic drugs are used to treat. The medicine is given twice, as it does not affect the eggs of parasites. Repeated adoption of anthelminics kills hatched larvae, warning the next laying of eggs.
Allergic reactions are accompanied by itching, redness of the skin, rhinitis and cough. Frequent interaction with the allergen is fraught with the development of bronchial asthma. Animal with suspicion of allergies is better to show the veterinarian. Antihistamines are used to suppress the action of allergen.
If the cat flows saliva, the yoshisa wishes, vomiting and diarrhea appeared - pay attention to the intrinsic and vomiting masses. The presence of extraneous inclusions (blood, mucus, slices of undigested food) and putrid smell of grazing - the main symptoms of tractologies of the gastrointestinal tract: enteritis, pancreatitis, gastritis, colitis. All these diseases are dangerous not only dehydration, but also to the abandonment of the patient organ.
The treatment of therapy depends on the diagnosis, but in all cases the medical diet is recommended. When the necrosis is detected, the operation to remove damaged tissues.
Reaction to stress
Prolonged nervous stress reduces the body's protective forces, exacerbating chronic diseases and increasing susceptibility to infections. It is caused by traveling in transport, visits to the vetcloth, moving and other anxious events. In addition to allowing saliva, stress is accompanied by shallow shock, anxiety, active licking and avoiding contacts with the owners.
In addition to eliminating an irritant factor, veterinarians recommend soothing preparations with pheromones. They are produced in the form of droplets, collars and diffusers with interchangeable bottles.
What to do the owner
Possible actions from the owner depend on the state of the animal. If it is great, but there are all signs of a physiological reason - the problem that has arisen is solved by itself.
With the tendency to the brand in transport, consult with the veterinarian to pick up the tablets. Let's make their cat before each trip.
The object stuck in the teeth should be carefully removed by tweezers. After manipulations, treat the mucous membranes by Mirismine or chlorhexidine to avoid infection. With the deep location of the foreign body of independent actions, it is better not to undertake, since any error can lead to the injuries of the larynx.
In all other cases, it is recommended to immediately contact the veterinarian. Remember that when infected by some viruses and helminths, the cat becomes dangerous for a person.
In what cases the animal requires treatment
Treatment is required with any pathological reason, as self-appearances - an extremely rare phenomenon. To determine the necessary medicines, the pet will have to pass tests and go through all the physicians recommended by the doctor.
Do not tighten with the appeal to the vetclinic when the disturbing symptoms are detected. In time, the initiated treatment significantly reduces the risk of developing possible complications.
Care and prevention
Save the health of the satuled pet will help proper nutrition and competent care. Balanced diet, comfortable content and observance of hygiene - a pledge of strong immunity.
To prevent pathological conditions, comply with the following recommendations:
Carefully follow the animals after anesthesia. Do not leave it alone and strictly follow the instructions received from the veterinarian.
Do not allow long interruptions between feeding. Frequent feeling of hunger is dangerous for the body.
Exclude a bone from the diet and do not let the preoccupier toys are too small.
Observe the vaccination chart and processing from helminths. Remember that rabies vaccine is the only way to avoid fatal outcome in the case of infection.
Regularly let the pet preparations or grass for the output of wool and carefully comb your fur coat during molting.
Keep all the dangerous substances away from pets. When buying a room plant, make sure that it is not poisonous.
Use veterinary paste or special toys for cleaning teeth.
Wrap a mustache pet from stress, avoiding possible provocateurs factors.
Do not forget about annual preventive inspections. Remember that in chronic diseases and age more than 8 years, the frequency of visits should be increased.
Frequent and long-term savory is a serious reason for concern. If you suspect the pathology, check the pet for the listed symptoms and act, pushing out the recommendations discussed.
The article is informational. Contact the veterinarian!
Why do cats flow saliva from mouth?
Worried about the health of a fluffy pet, the owner of the cat can miss some nonspecific symptoms, for example, excess saliva. Increased salivation in cats is a consequence of violation of the work of the whole organism. This condition is not an independent disease, but only acts as a secondary symptom of a number of pathologies.
To deal with the reasons why the cat flows saliva from the mouth, it is quite difficult. Nevertheless, in some cases, there is a home treatment, if the owner can recognize all the specific and nonspecific symptoms of violations on time.
What function performs saliva in cats?
Saliva is a very important secret for the body that performs a number of functions. This liquid provides normal chewing and digestion of food, protects the oral cavity from mechanical damage and is the best antiseptic, these animals from nature. It is due to the protective properties of saliva, the climbing of the Russian Academy of Sciences accelerates regeneration.
At the same time, elevated salivation indicates violations in the work of the body. Among the most likely reasons for this condition:
- strong poisoning;
- pathology of the salivary glands;
- viral diseases;
- Malignant neoplasms in the mouth;
- diseases of the oral cavity (may fumble of teeth and inflammable gums);
- neoplasms in the stomach;
- pathology of internal organs (kidneys, heart).
As can be seen, a list of violations, in which the cat flows saliva when we smooth and at rest, is very large. Independently diagnose the exact reason for the appearance of such a symptom, is problematic. It is recommended to still not engage in self-medication and show the animal in a timely manner.
GPC and salivation
The most likely reason why the cat has drools, and he does not eat anything - this is a violation of the gastrointestinal tract.
The most favorable option is the usual food poisoning. With this state, the owner can cope with independently, without medical care. With ordinary poisoning, an animal disappears appetite, the cat behaves sluggish, the development of diarrhea is possible. At the same time, it is enough to give the car a tablet of activated carbon, to provide him with peace and unhindered access to fresh water, as in a few hours it will take an amendment. In this case, it is impossible to fight with vomiting and diarrhea, since such states purify the body from slags. By the way, ordinary food poisoning in cats, unlike dogs, happened very rarely. This is due to the fact that feline more pickups in food than the rest of the pets.
Slyunoto can be a symptom of such a dangerous state as poisoning poison. You can face cats that walk on the street. Unfortunately, pieces of fresh meal with rat poison today are often used as an affordable means to reduce the population of street animals. When poisoning, the cat will feel very bad. The animal is strongly weakened, there is plenty of vomiting, it is possible to release foam. Noticing such symptoms, you should go to the veterinary clinic as soon as possible, as the bill goes on the clock, and the delay can cost an animal life. It is impossible to cope with the poison on their own, it is necessary to wash the stomach, normalization of life indicators and the installation of dropper with drugs that are removed toxins.
The separation of saliva can be observed during damage to the stomach, tumor neoplasms and polyps in the abdominal cavity. At the same time, the cat flows the saliva, and he is sluggish, refuses to eat, does not go to hand. Host belly feeling can hurt. Only a doctor can accurately diagnose the lesions of the stomach.
Selection of saliva is one of the specific symptoms of rabies. To distinguish this disease from other viral pathologies is simply - with rabies, the cat becomes aggressive, behaves inadequately, it is possible to release foam with saliva. Frenzy is not treated and ends with a fatal outcome.
Slyunomotion can be part of a symptom complex of calcivirosis and rinotracheita. These diseases are very dangerous, especially for weakened animals. Treatment is carried out in a veterinary clinic.
Diseases of oral cavity
In the diseases of the teeth and the gums, the cat flows saliva and tongue tongue. Diagnose such a disease is quite simple - it is only necessary to inspect the oral cavity. If a Desna red and inflamed , there is a dental stone, bleeding or ulcers and erosion - the cat either gingivitis or stomatitis. These pathologies are treated with special gels with antiseptic (Dentapes, Metrogil Denta). The teeth affected by caries must be removed, the tight dented stone is considered a doctor with the help of special tools.
If the animal has a bad breath, the cat is sluggish and apathetic, refuses food and quickly loses weight - should immediately contact the clinic. Such symptoms are characteristic of malignant neoplasms in the oral cavity.
He graduated from NGSha, 8 years old work veterinarian.
In his free time I write articles about the diagnosis and treatment of cats.
Feel free to ask questions in the comments, I will try to answer everything.
In the norm of saliva, cats stands out in small doses. Abundant salivation occurs before meal, during feeding, shifts of teeth, from bitter drugs, if necessary, lick wool. Normally, if the wool around the mouth is slightly wet, you need to worry if the moisture impresses the whole face, drips on the floor. Dripping drool at the cat is a sign of many states at once, and find out what happened is required as quickly as possible.
Signs of increased salivation
Cat hypersion can have different severity, the weakest of them are noticeable only to the attentive owner.
Symptoms that indicate overweight saliva:
- swallowing movements;
- Rottening on all protruding surfaces;
- unclee view of wool without changing the conditions in the apartment;
- Wet spots odorless on the cat litter;
- drawd away;
- "Icicles" on wool;
- wet front paws;
- Sleana hanging threads on the face.
Sign of pathology - if one of the listed occurs constantly, and the state of the pet does not improve over time. If you independently determine the cause and eliminate the salivation of the cat does not succeed, you need to go with the pet to the veterinarian.
Cat has saliva, is it dangerous
In itself, the increased salivation of the cat is not dangerous for the animal, but this state delivers troubles and the beast, and the owner. Wet muzzle looks untidy, drops of saliva dirt floor, furniture, leave ugly traces on a pet wool when climbing. In severe cases, hypersivation prevents the pet eating, drinking, saliva can get into the respiratory tract, call a suffocation.
It rarely comes to heavy forms, so it is much more important to know why cats flow drooling. The reason can be a banal and easy stop, and the owner can cope with it on their own.
Causes of abundant salivation in cats
Sluting in cats is a nonspecific symptom. This is not a separate disease and not a sign of some particular pathology. The reasons, due to which the cat flows the saliva, can be the most different, from banal to very dangerous pets. The owner needs to pay attention to additional signs that will indicate whether it is time to turn to the veterinarian.
Even in cases that seem simple, you should use the help of specialists. Cats are very easy to get injuries, so an attempt to cope with the salivation of the house can bring harm.
Reaction to food
Saliva is produced and stands out unevenly. Normally, this process goes faster when a kitty sees food or delicacy, feels like food smells, her appetite is played. This is a natural physiological process that prepares the oral cavity to make food. Especially very saliva stands out from pets who eat dry food.
An unpleasant taste may cause abundant salivation. If the pet ate something bitter or with a sharp smell (some medicines or "trophies" from the garbage bucket), the saliva has a reflexive saliva. Solve the problem helps abundant drinking.
Saliva in these cases is transparent, uniform, without extraneous enclosures. The reason for its appearance is easily calculated and eliminated.
Foreign objects in the mouth
Another reason why the cat lashes saliva - pieces of food between the teeth. Dry feed particles, bones of human food can be stuck in the teeth, interfere with close mouth. It is easy to see them if you open a cat to fall and carefully inspect the dental row. The stuck piece of food needs to be carefully removed from the mouth smooth movements. It is impossible to knock on the teeth, pull, pull, do sharp movements - so you can injure the animal. Executive care to exercise with fish bones - they can stick in the gums or heavens. It is advisable to exclude the contact of the cat with a bony fish.
Also on the mucosa, you can see small injuries that the pet got, she was solid or biting spiny items. In this case, it is enough to exclude re-contact with the traumatic agent, give the cat access to water.
Strong saliva selection can help the taper in the heat. An animal has no sweat glands on the body, they are only on the pads of the paws. If the house is hot and humid, this is not enough, the cat, like a dog, opens the mouth, suits the language. The evaporation of saliva cools the fluffy taurus, saves from overheating.
Wool in stomach
Trichobesoars (lumps of wool in the stomach) are also considered the physiological cause of current saliva. The caviar is formed due to the fact that the cat is constantly licking and swallows the fur. Than a fluffy pet, the more problems give him trichobesoars. Abundant saliva selection, swallowing helps moisten a wool lump and bring it out. It is worth worrying when the hypersion is saved for several days, the smell of mouth appears, the cat refuses meals.
Features of breed
The fact that the cat flows saliva, breed features can be to blame. All animals with elongated muzzle, especially sphinxes, suffer from increased saliva. When physiological, psychological or pathological factors act, their effect is enhanced.
The cat often gives saliva due to stress. As hypersion helps calm down the animal - it is unclear, but this is one of the natural cat reactions on an unpleasant situation.
Factors that provoke salivation:
- Hygienic procedures if the pet was not accustomed to them.
- Painful or unpleasant medical procedures.
- Change of the setting - moving, overexposure, visit to the vet.
- Changes in the family - the appearance of a child, dogs, other cats, departure a favorite owner.
- Change of the situation - the emergence of new items, the disappearance of the usual, permutation.
Stressful hypersivation can last all day, sometimes stop, then return in the form of attacks. It is not necessary to treat it, it gradually decreases, it comes off on their own.
The manifestations of stressful hypersion - the pet constantly obsesses the smoothing, the chewing movements of the jaw are possible, the inedible items gnawing, slump the litter. To make sure that the reason is in stress, you should inspect the cat. If there are no signs of injury, then the beast is better to leave alone.
You can prevent stress in a cat if you follow several rules:
- From an early age, a kitten to hygienic procedures (combing, cleaning the ears, clawing, bathing).
- Camping to the veterinarian make the most comfortable as possible - put a soft blanket in carrying, talk a lot, stroke the cat. So an animal will feel support for the owner and easier to carry the manipulation.
- With new family members to acquaint fluffy gradually. Animals first kept in different rooms, gradually catching on one territory. In the room to a small child, the cat is better to let only under the supervision of the owners.
- If your favorite owner leaves, he can leave the cat unnecessary clothes or a soft toy. So the animal will feel the smell of the owner, so he will survive the separation much more calmer.
- It is advisable to acquaint the animal and with new objects - to give the opportunity to carefully sniff, wipe on your smell. So the cat will get used to change faster.
It is worth worrying if the cat flows the saliva for more than 2 days in a row, he became sluggish or aggressive, the behavior has changed, there were bad habits that had not been. This suggests that the animal is extremely hard to transfers stress, or that the reason is not only psychological.
If saliva dripping constantly, and find some natural reasons fail, it is time to think about pathological causes. To identify them will help attentive inspection of pet. The procedure should be carried out carefully - if the cat hurts or unpleasant, it will be defended by claws, teeth or run away, will no longer give in hand.
Yazovki, pimples, inflammation, dark raid on the teeth - signs of inflammatory lesions of the mucous membrane. Their pathogens are most often safe for humans, but there are exceptions.
Vomiting in cats - frequent phenomenon. So the pet tries to get rid of something inedible, including from the hair coma in the stomach. But vomiting can be a manifestation of the disease. In any case, before making a "repulsions", the cat licks and smooths saliva. It is impossible to prevent it, but you can have time to send fluffy to another place.
Dark or blusted spots, swelling of the mucous meal - a sign of a chemical burn, they are most often localized in the lingerie. Sometimes you can see the foreign body in the mucosa or throat. In all these cases, the cat should immediately lead to the vet, it is impossible to do it yourself.
Nausea, diarrhea, temperature rise without other symptoms - signs of poisoning, food intolerance or gastrointestinal diseases. The cat will hide, abandon meals, with poisoning - a lot of drinks, with inflammation - on the contrary. Palp the belly it will not allow. The condition gradually worsens.
With light poisoning, an independent improvement is possible during the day, but most often the owner needs to run with his pet to the doctor - the cats develop dehydration quickly, and it is deadly.
It is especially dangerous if saliva from the mouth began to stand out after contact with an unfamiliar animal, the cat suddenly became aggressive, refuses water, she had a coordination. All this is signs of rabies. The beast is isolated to not give him the opportunity to bite people.
It is impossible to cure rabies, so the veterinarian will recommend sleeping. All people and animals in the house need to make vaccinations (if they were not made in advance). Fancy protection - vaccination or full elimination of contacts with other animals.
There are more serious diseases to which hypersion indicates:
- kidney inflammation;
- urolithiasis disease;
- Malignant tumors.
Treatment of all these diseases is possible only at the veterinarian. The doctor will appoint medicinal products in droppers, injections, tablets (if the cat can take pills), therapeutic food, will explain the rules for the care of the pet.
Prevention of pathologies causing hypersion
Against most feline infections exist vaccinations, so the animal must be vaccinated in a timely manner, process from fleas and worms. So the risk of infection is reduced almost to zero.
So that the pet is not poisoned, you should close the vials with household chemicals, spices, keep everything harmful to the health of the cat substance in an inaccessible place for it.
Some indoor plants can be harmful to the beast, they need to move them there, where the cat will not get.
If the cat is on a dry stern - she needs free access to water in large quantities. If on the natural one, to ensure that there are no bones in food.
The attentive owner will be able to secure the cat from various harmful factors, but to make her life is full and interesting.
Education: Moscow State Academy of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology. K.i Scriabin, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Specialty - Veterinary Doctor
Ask a Question
Increased salivation by the cat: why arises and what measures to do
Increased salivation in cats may appear according to quite harmless reasons, but in some cases the provocateur becomes a pathology that requires compulsory treatment. If a similar clinical picture occurs, a competent differential diagnosis is important, which will help at the initial stage to identify ailment from a pet.
Signs of increased salivation in cats
Increased salivation (hypersion) is not always a sign of pathology. Sometimes it is a reaction to irritation of taste receptors. In this case, the saliva is similar on the consistency on the water, they can drain with a thin flowing or drops. An animal is constantly smoothed, can also wash the face more often. Saliva may stand out in large quantities and accumulate in the corners of the mouth, reminding himself a foam. Such a symptom indicates pathology and occurs during the lesions of the mouth. To remove the surplus saliva, the cat can constantly rub the face of the corners of the furniture.
Increased salivation in a cat is not always a symptom of the disease.
Additional features of hypersion, which may indicate diseases:
- Wet muzzle, neck and less often front paws;
- Poor well-being or, on the contrary, increased excitability;
- decline in appetite;
- vomiting and diarrhea;
- itching and skin rashes;
- increasing body temperature;
- Permanent charging.
Attention! If a fluffy friend suddenly began to flow drool, then you need to trace his behavior. Even in the absence of additional features, it is important to consult with your doctor.
Causes of hypersion
Hypersion is not a characteristic feature of any particular breed and under the influence of provoking factors can occur in all cats. It is possible to divide all reasons for 3 categories: physiological, psychological and pathological. Each of them has its own characteristics.
- Change of teeth. Most often it is observed in kittens. When milk teeth fall out, and constant in their place grow, it may be accompanied by irritation of adhesion, which provokes increased saliva selection.
- Activation of taste receptors. It happens when the smell of beloved feed is sensitive, if the cat was hungry and prepared for food. At the same time, more saliva begins to stand out. It is observed in people who imagine the taste of acid lemon.
- Defensive reaction. Some bitter medicines provoke a symptom that is a natural body reaction. In this case, such a sign of special therapy does not require.
- Loss and erasing of teeth in older cats. Provocates salivament and unpleasant smell of mouth.
Physiological hypersion is observed in cats before welcome with the smell of feed
It is impossible to discount and psychological factors, such as stress and nervous stresses. Provice activation of the autonomic nervous system, under the influence of which the production of saliva increases, may be fright, contact with other animals, moving to a new place, visiting the veterinarian, etc. At the same time, a shortness of breath may be present, the appetite worsens. An animal is often hiding in a secluded corner and looks seeded. After eliminating the provoking factor, the pet organism is restored, and the hypersion stops.
Stress in a cat can contribute to the active selection of saliva
- Oral diseases. These include gingivitis, herpes, periodontitis, etc. At the same time, the pets are swollen, blushing and bleeding.
- Foreign body, for example, a bone, stuck between the teeth or in the animal throat. Additionally, pet can disturb cough and thirst.
- Freshness virus. At the same time, the animal changes behavior, light-like arises. A pet can become aggressive or, on the contrary, sluggish. Salus is highlighted in large portions, wool falls.
- Poisoning, which can be provoked by chemicals and drugs from fleas intended for local application. It is a common cause of hypersion. In this case, it is additionally present vomiting, diarrhea and a decrease in appetite. Also, the temperature is also increasing.
- Gastritis and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract. May be the cause of such a clinical picture and are often accompanied by a decrease in appetite and stool violation.
- Glice invasions present in the gastrointestinal tract in the animal. In this case, the animal may lose weight.
- Malignant and benign tumors.
- Allergic reaction to food, bite insects and drugs. It may be accompanied by increased saliva, as well as itching and skin rashes. In this case, it is important to show the cat in the veterinarian.
The lack of activity in the cat, increased salivation and stool violations indicate poisoning
Also, one of the serious reasons for the occurrence of drooling can be calcalymihomes - an infectious disease that can cause chromotomus, inflammation of conjunctiva, nose, ulceration of the adhesion and the defeat of the respiratory organs. If you do not detect pathology on time, the secondary bacterial flora can join, which will provoke pneumonia.
Calcivirosis is characterized by inflammation of respiratory organs and increased salivation
Attention! If hypersion is accompanied by additional symptoms, then self-treatment can provoke a deterioration in the state of the pet. Ignore active saliva production is impossible. It is important to bring a cat to the vet in time to reduce the risk of complications.
The main reasons for hypersivation of cats - video
Diagnostic methods that are used to identify provoking factor:
- Inspection. The doctor defines the condition of the guise, teeth, larynx, as well as skin cover. During allergies, rashes are often observed, and the presence of inflammatory processes can be understood on reddened and easel tissues in the oral cavity. Also, the veterinarian is feeling the abdominal cavity. If the pet reacts violently at the same time, then the presence of gastrointestinal diseases can be suspected.
- Ultrasound. Ultrasound examination is used to determine foreign bodies and tumors in the abdominal cavity. This method is completely safe and painless for the animal.
- Blood tests, urine and feces. The increase in leukocytes and erythrocytes in plasma indicates an inflammatory process. Also, such deviations can talk about the presence of tumors. In the urine, a protein may be determined, indicating a violation of the operation of the urinary system, an inflammatory process, as well as salt, the increase of which speaks of the presence of stones in the kidneys. In Urin, bacteria present during the infectious process can be found. Calla analysis is necessary to identify melted invasions.
- MRI. Magnetic resonant tomography is an expensive study method, thanks to which you can define violations in the operation of internal organs, as well as the presence of tumor processes. This procedure requires a preliminary sedation (introduction of a sleeping pills) of a pet so that it does not move and runned during the study.
Uzi allows you to identify the pathology of the internal organs of the pet
A comprehensive approach to diagnostics allows for accurate results based on a number of studies. At the same time, it is possible to identify pathology in the early stages of development.
Treatment of pathologies related to symptom
If the elevated salivation is provoked by physiological factors, then special treatment is not envisaged. Psychological and pathological causes require mandatory therapy. What methods of treatment are used depending on the factor:
- If the cause is nervous overvoltage, the cats are usually prescribed by sedative medicines: stop stress, phyteks, etc. Such drugs contribute to the elimination of the consequences of stress. The course of treatment often does not exceed 7-14 days. Stop stress is usually given 1 tablet per day or 1 drop per 1 kg of weight, and phyteks 3-5 drops per day. The exact dose establishes the doctor. In addition, it is important to provide pets to peace and surround it with caress and care.
- With diseases of the oral cavity, anti-inflammatory drugs are used, such as gel dentaving, spray tobastik, etc. The specified drugs eliminate the swelling, have an antiseptic and healing effect. Gel Dentapes contains beekeeping products, chlorhexidine and medicinal plants. It should be applied 2-3 times a day for guys for 5-7 days. The zubastic spray also contains plants extracts and an enzyme anti-inflammatory complex. The medicine is irrigated by the oral cavity several times a day during the week.
- If the cat in the throat or in the teeth is stuck a bone or another foreign object, then it must be removed in the conditions of a veterinary clinic. For these purposes, the doctor may apply a tweezers or an endoscope. Immediately after eliminating the foreign bodies, hypersion stops. Alone to get the bone stuck in the larynx, is dangerous, as it is possible to push it further or injury a pet (especially when using tweezers).
- If the reason is the rabies virus, which was diagnosed in laboratory conditions, then, unfortunately, the pet is mad. The specified disease is incurable and dangerous not only for the animal, but also for people. Therefore, in suspected rabies, the cat closes on quarantine until the diagnosis is set.
- In case of poisoning, the favorite is prescribed adsorbents, such as activated carbon. The tablet needs to be destroyed into the powder and dissolve in 1 t. L. Water, then pour the pet in the mouth forcibly. However, if the intoxication is heavy, then urgent hospitalization is required, which provides for the washing of the stomach. In addition to adsorbents, the animal needs to be given every hour in 20 ml of water from the syringe without a needle, if it does not drink on his own. Such a procedure will prevent dehydration.
- In the event that the provoking factor of hypersion are melting invasions, prescribe preparations from helminths, such as prazicide, DRONTAL, etc. In most cases, quite a single application in order to rid a fluffy friend from parasites. The dose should be calculated on the basis of the mass of the cat's body.
- The presence of tumors involves treatment only in the hospital. At the same time, they resort to surgical intervention, which is aimed at excision of the neoplasm. Additionally, medications can be assigned: Metastop, cytostat, etc. The first drug prevents the growth of tumors and reduces the risk of metastases, and also has an antitoxic effect. Cytostat improves the overall self-effect of the pet. Additionally, antioxidant and antitoxic effects, speeding up recovery.
- If an allergic reaction is a provocative of increased salivation, drug therapy is assigned. When anaphylactic shock shows glucocorticosteroids. They are used with a pronounced allergic reaction, which is accompanied by a strong itching. The most often prescribed dexamethasone and prednisone, which are injected intramuscularly. One-time dose is from 0.1 to 0.5 ml. The exact amount of solution and the course defines only the doctor, as steroid drugs can cause dangerous side effects.
- To eliminate light allergy symptoms, classic antihistamine drugs are used: Supratine, Zoda, Cetirizin, etc. They usually give a pet inside the quarter of the tablet 1 time per day. The course determines the doctor. At the same time, it is important to identify an allergen and eliminate it. Otherwise, after canceling therapy, the symptoms will come back again.
- Calcivirosis is eliminated by comprehensive treatment. When attaching a bacterial flora, which happens in most cases, the pet is prescribed antibiotics (tetracycline, amoxicillin). Additionally resort to intravenous infusion of physiological solutions, as well as vitaminotherapy. Apply anti-inflammatory medicines, such as levomecol. Ointment is applied to the sections of the defeat several times a day. Immunostimulators are prescribed to accelerate recovery: Imunofane, Fospmenil, and others. The course of treatment depends on the severity of symptoms and is determined only by the doctor.
If the cause is inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases, the cat is assigned a gentle diet. In the diet of the pet must be absent fatty, smoked and salty products. At the same time, the feed for sensitive digestion is selected. It is desirable to give preference to the proven brands, such as Royal Canin, Arden Grange, Pro Plan, etc. There are special line for pets with digestion problem:
- ROYAL CANIN SENSIBLE 33;
- ARDEN GRANGE SENSETIVE;
- Pro Plan Delicate.
Royal Canin Sensible 33 Designed for pets with sensitive digestion
Attention! Without prior consultation with the doctor, it should not be resorted to drug therapy, especially potent drugs that, if used, can only harm.
My cat always flowed saliva after I gave her any medicine. At first it seemed to me that the drug is toxic, therefore, such a reaction. I thought I did a pet only worse with such treatment. As it turned out, an increased salivation is a normal reaction to bitter preparations in cats. Also, hypersion is observed when overly squeeze and stroke the animal. According to the veterinarian, there is nothing terrible.
Preparations that are used to eliminate the causes of hypersion - Photo Gallery
- Stop stress has a calming effect
- Activated coal contributes to the removal and binding of toxic substances
- DRONTAL contributes to the removal of helminths
- Dexamethasone eliminates sharp allergic reactions
- Zoda eliminates allergy symptoms
- Metastop has antitumor properties
- Dentaway has anti-inflammatory effect
- Fospmenil accelerates recovery during calcivirosis
How to prevent hypersion from a pet:
- During the state of the guise. 2 times a week brushing your pet teeth with a special brush, as well as inspect the oral cavity for inflammatory processes;
- try to fencing a cat from stress;
- Do not give an animal fish with bones;
- feed the pet only with high-quality feeds;
- keep away household chemicals, do not leave open chlorine, building materials, etc.;
- avoid contact of cats with street animals;
- 1 time in 3 months giving pet preparations from worms;
- When removing the fleas, ensure that the cat licks the drug intended for local application;
- not to give an animal to any medications without prior consultation with the doctor;
- Be sure to make the cat all the necessary vaccinations;
- 1 time in 6 months show a pet veterinarian. After all, minor deviations from the norm in the initial stages can recognize only a specialist.
To prevent hypersion and inflammatory processes, the cat's teeth must be cleaned 2 times a week.
Attention! If the animal is often on the street, then 1 time in 2 weeks you need to bathe it. At the same time, it is important to check the pet for the presence of fleas that are carriers of helminths and various diseases.
For the prevention of increased salivation from a cat, as well as hazardous consequences for the gastrointestinal tract, did not try to give a pet fish with bones. The favorite adored this product and even tried to pull herring straight from the table, but in such a treat, I either refused or pre-cleaned the fish from the bones. Also tried to feed the pet only with high-quality products.
What is hypersivia in cats and how to eliminate it - video
Hypersalization in cats can be physiological, but sometimes signals serious illnesses that cannot be left without attention. When this symptom appears, it is important to examine the pet and eliminate the provoking factor. In most cases, the forecast is favorable.Rate article:
(18 votes, average: 4.2 of 5)Share with friends!