Aquarium snails play a big role in the formation of a microclimate in the reservoir. Their content will not give you special hassle, and at the same time, the bank will be present in the bank, selected for other inhabitants not eaten. Therefore, they will have to feed them rarely, but about the reproduction it will be possible to think unless for especially valuable species.
Snail in the aquarium is at least beautiful. It revives the atmosphere and makes a variety of banks in the animal world. We will tell you about how to care for these creatures, about their interesting reproduction and show the most popular species.
Aquarium Snails: Content and Care
Snails belong to the genus of the bunthogs of mollusks. There are terrestrial species, but we are interested in aquarium. In essence, sometimes mollusks can not start specifically. If you buy in the market or in the algae store for your aquarium, then with a practically one hundred percent probability you will "deliver" a snail yourself together with plants. It's one thing - beautiful large bruhoes and quite another - ordinary coils that are uncontrollably multiplying, can folk the entire bank and disrupt the biobalance. But you will read about this problem below.
Many snails are not only for beauty, but also to clean the aquarium. The bunthrodium is powered by algae, and, by making their unhurried voyage on the glass, the green flare is perfect.
Newcomers' aquarists often concern such questions:
How many grow and live snails ?It is not enough that the mollusks are gaining size especially quickly during the first month of life, they continue to slowly increase in size until the death of death, which occurs every species in different ways. On average, they live from 1 to 10 years.
But how to understand that aquarium snail died? Usually we see animals that stroll on glass, stones, algae. If you notice that the shell is there, but there are no bodies, then check whether the sink is closed. If the "plug" is not pressed against the exit, most likely the creature went to the rainbow. This fact can be installed in the smell, but the method is suitable for particularly original.
Can aquarium snails live without water? Some species, such as ampuilory, is perfectly without it every 40 hours. And some snails tend to get out of the bank (some so lay the caviar), therefore, for the content of such kinds it will take the lid.
Despite the unpretentiousness of mollusks, they have several weak points. The most important problem is that aquarium snail need relatively rigid water. Saturated Calcium Medium allows the bryukhonog to form a solid and beautiful sink. With a lack of calcium, the spikes of the sink are poorly formed, and already existing letters.
Have you ever seen how the snail falls on the bottom? With a normal sink, nothing terrible will occur, but with insufficient strength, dents and chips will be formed, which is an uroducts the surface of the "house". If the situation does not change - the snail is doomed.
Optimal pH for all broxes - 7-8.
Also, tropical snails do not tolerate temperature drops. For a short decline of up to 18 degrees, they will still be survived, but more - no. In addition, the vision of all owners of the sinks of Nikudushnyh and they rod as the tanks on the principle "I see a goal - I do not see obstacles." Sometimes they can get out of the aquarium, fall, damage the sink or dry, if you do not return them on time. Such incines will happen mostly at night and experienced aquarists know well what the characteristic "Schmeyk" is about the floor. Therefore, from sin away, cover the aqua with a lid.
Than feeding aquarium snails
Almost all the buchetic herbivores, with the exception of Helena, which feeds on themselves like. Also, the bucculents do not disappear with the residues of food after other fish, but still a daddy. Dirdriti is a dead organ worker who will inevitably appear in your bank. And this is not God there is something, but aquarium snails eat it.
Nevertheless, the main diet is microalgae and higher plants. And here, depending on the ratio of the components of the snail, either peacefully dormant on algae, or becomes a malicious eater than everything, which will have time to get, even fes fish can be in danger.
If you notice similar pranks, then diverse food for snails. It can be fresh lettuce leaves from which there will be nothing latter. They will be disgusting and elevated pieces of zucchini or cucumbers, as well as the leaves of a young cabbage.
How the aquarium snails multiply
And small and large aquarium snails can be both separate and hermaphrodites. With the first case everything is clear. Usually, snails are acquired immediately with a bundle, and no further reproduction of problems. The second form can be reborn if the balance of floors in the aquarium is impaired. Moreover, any snail can constantly bring caviar, being one day fertilized.
Caviar (eggs) of snails is so small, which merge with the surrounding background and sometimes noticing the future terrible army is not easy. The bunthogs multiply in geometric progression, and at one fine moment you will find that the mollusks have become a dominant race in the aquarium.
Bruep with snails can lead to undesirable consequences:
- Water pollution. Pacific, though cleaning the jar, but they also pollute it. Their urea actually acts on fish, and they themselves. As a result, the snail dies, and from this even more trouble.
- Emergency situations. Yes, yes, it was the snail that can destroy your expensive filter. In search of food, it can easily put it out where necessary. And they can continue to unbridling the plants that you disappeared with such love.
It is clear that with the freelancer you need to fight. How? Read on.
How to get rid of aquarium snails
In small doses, aquarium snails - cuties and dukes, helping to clean the can and support biobalans. But no one can control the fertility of the bruhlogs without tricks. Multiple receptions will come to the rescue:
- Catch the enemy with your hands. This is the easiest way and is suitable for large species that are not fruitful so fast. For example, it is completely useless against the coil ..
- Make a trap. That's just for the coils this method is fits perfectly. You just need to attach a salad leaf and omit to the aquarium in the evening. At night, turn on the light, and you will see that the snails in your aquarium as stars in the galaxy. The sheet needs to be pulled out and come with a catch as you will be pleased. Of course, all the bunthons you will not outrene, but if you regularly repeat this operation, then the number can be adjusted. The trap for aquarium snails can be made with their own hands and in the form of a plastic bottle, glasses, etc., filled with uncatch food.
Video: how to make a trap for snails
- Restart the aquarium. It's a troublesome thing, but sometimes useful. Fish move, the soil is boiled, the glasses are clean, the plants change (but this is not a warranty as you remember).
- Cheer. Almost all types of snails die when adding drugs containing copper in water. But this is an extremely risky step, because there are few things that other inhabitants may die, so you still do not increase completely all sinks with decaying content.
- Run cannibals. It is not joke. There is one species - Helena - that feeds on its relatives. And this is a real output, because with a low reproduction rate of the helena without tired, the prey from the shells from the shell of their trump is sucking. The only thing helena cannot have breakfast larger snail than themselves, but you yourself can easily get them out of the actions. With a lack of natural victims, helets easily go to other types of food: it is submitted by dead fish and fish food. You can even specifically told them the coils - you only thanks to you, you just say. There are also aquarium fish that eat snails. These are bits, tetradones, macropod and cigal. But the snail axolotles can harm.
Running snails into the aquarium. Watch that they do not fall cover up, otherwise they will not be able to take the right position and simply die from hunger.
Varieties of aquarium snails
There is a sufficient variety of snails, and you can always pick up any kind, or even a few, just for your aquarium.
Video about myths about snails
Snail Aquarium ampulora. A rather large look from South America. Quite heat-loving and sensitive to the content of oxygen in water. When it is not enough - rises to the surface. Orately separation, and caviar is laid out over the water. In order for the snails to multiply, the water level should not reach the edge of 15 cm. Live yellow aquarium snails up to three years.
Aquarium coil snails. These are the simplest and most famous of the buchetic. The coil can be distinguished by the sink swirling in the vertical plane. The color of mollusks varies from brown to red-brown. Actively multiply, which leads to overpopulation. However, the livestock is perfectly adjustable with Helen.
Aquarium snails Fysa. Dark shellfish with a thin sink come from both Americas. Fysa, like coils, extremely quickly fruit. However, unlike the latter, they also destroy plants. But here the old good acquaintances of Helena will come to the rescue.
Aquarium snail Marisa. She has a sink like a coil, but on the entire length there are dark stripes. Snail rather large and voracious. At the same time, plants are in the risk area. Brojogogogo should regularly feed. Striped aquarium snail separation, loves warm water and regularly shoots.
Melania aquarium snails. This is the already African-Asian guest living on the ground and interrupting it. In fact, this is a very useful look, since the surplus of the soil (sand, clay substrate) favorably affects the vital activity of plants. In addition, melania does not touch either the flora or fauna. And they will not require any special conditions of content. And with a lack of oxygen, the bunthogs will simply get out to the land. The population is also regulated by chopstick chopper.
Aquarium snail Helena. And here is our Asian Savior .. This is a small snail, and when she crawls on the glass, you can see something like a doctor that she exists in front of himself and turns them in different directions. This hose and sacrifice the victim. Snails separatogs, live up to 2 years. Helena need sandy soil in which they can be buried after the snack.
Aquarium snail Hercules (She is brothers, she is the pagoda). Very beautiful view from Myanmar. Spikes on the sink give snail similarity with a pagree, and for the impressive sizes it is called Hercules. Peace-loving, non-prodovitis, separatogs. They love heat and current, but there are ababretes that will not be. The main food is microalgae. Britters need to feed, and then they will not touch the highest plants.
Neretny. Just gorgeous snails that came to us from the tropics. Beautiful appearance with more than compensated for "shortcomings":
- Multiply only in salted water
- Love fresh flow water
In other words, they will not put them in a simple aquarium. Neretny has many subspecies and they all differ in bright color. We especially popular with a red aquarium snail.
Aquarium Snail Ship Devil. Relatively recent appearance. It has a beautiful dark sink length of up to 9 cm. It is multiplied only in seawater, as he arrived from the Philippines. Naturally, heat-loving. They say that her name went due to the fact that after death she exudes a truly devilish fragrance.
Aquarium snail helmet (helmet). Another name is black spin. It is inherent in all the habits and conditions of content inherent in this kind.
Video about aquarium snail
Starting from the breeding of only a few fish, the aquarists gradually create a multilayer ecosystem. In addition to the main inhabitants, there are also quite exotic.
Snails occupy her niche.
Types of aquarium snails
Beginner aquarists need to clearly represent what snails are, as they care for them, what kind of choose for their home reservoir.
Most often in home aquariums make several types of shells:
- Coil It is found in almost any aquarium. This snail has won its popularity thanks to small sizes, interesting appearance, ease of reproduction. The last item is important to take into account, since in the presence of a small population of the coils of harm will not be, but if it creates, the impression of the appearance of the aquarium can be spoiled. Appearance - Flat twisted armor of red or brown, size is about 3.5 cm.
- Ampulory - Another fairly common look of snails. They are demanding of content. Ampuralia in the aquarium, the benefits or harm on which depends on their appetite can harm young and gentle shoots of plants, since with the lack of feed begin to eat everything around. But clean the bottom in a few minutes. Appearance - Spiral shell more often yellow, rarely brown, blue, black or burgundy color. In captivity grown up to 7 cm.
- Tiryosenia Today at the peak of popularity. They are very beautiful, but also very arrogant to the environment. This is rather exotic, which can be kept as an independent view.
- Melania may argue in prevalence with coils. They differ from other fellow habitats - live and breed in the ground. Stirring it in the process of its livelihoods, melania has a beneficial effect on soil processes. They have and unpleasant feature - quickly multiply, it is very difficult to remove. Appearance is a narrow cone of light yellow-green to dark gray with purple color strokes. Size - up to 3.5 cm.
- Neretina - Beauty and clever, which perfectly cleans aquarium from algae. Size - about 2 cm.
- Mariza Practically not suitable for general aquariums. Her appetite strikes imagination - snail can eat plants for the root. Appearance - swirling sink from yellow to brown with characteristic dark stripes. Grow up to 6 centimeters.
- Helena - It is a snail-cannibal, which does not happen with his relatives. Such a neighbor should be attached to the aquarium if it is required to reduce the population of other snails. Appearance - striped, black and orange twisted shell of a pointed form. Grow up to 2 cm.
- Physi. - Small, rather common snail, capable of withstanding very complex habitats, while breeding without difficulty. Fascinating, the infusion can break through even the dense sheets of underwater plants. The infusion can create inconvenience in caring for aquarium, as it highlights a lot of mucus and it will have to be cleaned twice a week. Appearance - Rounded extended pointed brown and gray-brown shell with a golden hue spectacle.
The main types of aquarium snails are useful for most aquariums. The rule does not apply to individuals from natural reservoirs. Prudovik, Luzhanka, Peclock and other wild shells can be "getting" from unclean sellers under the guise of cultural. These snails can be ruined the entire ecosystem - to eat plants under the root, infect the inhabitants with various diseases and parasites.
Niche snails in aquarium society
To understand whether the snails are needed in the aquarium, it is necessary to weigh all the "for" and "against", as well as find out what your abdicate is better.
The benefits of snails in the aquarium:
- Support aquarium clean : Eat the remains of feed and algae, are natural agencies for fallen fish in the absence of a host. With this task, ampuilloras are well coped with this task, physy.
- Are a marker of water status: According to the behavior of the snails, you can find out that in the ecosystem of the aquarium something unfavorable. For example, with a decrease in oxygen level of melania pop up. Such a feature allows you to prevent the cataclysm before the onset of irreversible consequences.
- Decorativeness . Beautiful brine of large snails will decorate any aquarium.
- Eat plants;
- Some species allocate a lot of mucus;
- The ability to multiply quickly.
So that negative moments are not treated positive, you need to carefully select the snails for aquarium and control the growth of their population.
How do snails in aquarium multiply?
The processes of reproduction in most mollusks are very similar, but there are some differences. Aquarium snails whose reproduction must be monitored, no exception.
Ampuloras are molluscs. During the purchase, it is impossible to find out the floor of the shell, it is possible to understand only during the mating, since the male will always be top. Experts recommend buying at least 6 individuals to increase the chance to get male ampoularation.
For reproduction of ampuill, it is necessary to create qualitative conditions:
- Food. Ampuloras - bottom snails, often they cannot sobble for more shrinking fish and other inhabitants of the aquarium in the feed rate of feed. With a shortage of food, they begin to emblorict plants in which there are not enough nutrients for them. Mollusks will begin to weaken from the shortage of feed and will not be able to multiply.
- Pure water. It is necessary to regularly replace the water in the aquarium and the formation of the bottom - at least once a week. Replaced a quarter of water volume.
- The space between water and the lid of the aquarium. On dry glass, the snail will postpone his caviar.
The genericness of the ampulora occurs when it reaches 4 cm. On average, the mollusks are ready for mating already a year. Fertilization occurs when the male and female are connected by soles. At this point, you should mark the snail, which is above, to then not guess the sexuality of individuals.
After mating, the female lays out the caviar above the edge of the water on the dry surface - the glass of the aquarium or the lid.
Important! If Ikrinka wet, save embryos will not be possible. Therefore, the masonry is not lowered under the water.
Spawn ampuilories only in the dark, in the evening or at night. Having postponing Icra, the snail moves the eggs closer to each other, forming a dense masonry, similar to a grape bunch. Each grape is soft, elastic up to 2 mm in diameter, as they ripen, they get dark, becoming almost black, similar to stone.
Helin's predator is also a molluste. Experts recommend to raise 4-6 individuals to increase the likelihood of obtaining outdoor animals.
Helena before mating there are couples that can be friends with a certain time - eat, swim together. Such shells should be rejected into a separate container - to continue the genus they need peace.
In the new aquarium, you need to create conditions similar to those that were in the usual habitat. Snails must eat well, but do not overeat.
Pairing Helen is a rather long process, the result of which one egg will be. The female will attach it to a comfortable solid surface. Good for these purposes. Fit stones and decor elements.
After 3-4 weeks, small snails will appear, which will immediately hide in the soil. For about six months, they will lead an underground lifestyle, to eat Padal. By the end of this period, the offspring grows up to 4-7 mm and starts to hunt.
Before adult, only a small part of individuals lives, since cannibalism is spread among Helen.
The reproduction of melania, which is a novelty buchetic mollusk, is quickly and without waiting for any ideal conditions. These shells give birth to offspring in any aquarium.
Snails Miscellanery,. After mating, the female shelters the egg inside the shell. The light is born quite viable and independent offspring. At one time, it may appear from 10 to 60 tiny snails - it all depends on the age and size of the mother. Born, melania is hiding into the ground. The offspring grows very slowly - only 5-6 mm per month.
Melania is a prolific snail, one pair of tuberculate for 2-3 months can populate aquarium colony from several tens to hundreds of individuals. Granutes will need up to 8 months.
Caring for Iikrinkami
Ikrinka, pending above the surface of the water, originally have a color from the milk to pink. After some time, the laying hardens, becomes dark raspberry, greenish or pink. Irk size - up to 3.5 mm. Of these masonments, a small amount of mollusks will be born, as part of the eggs will die.
The surface masonry, if desired, can be transferred to another place, you just need to slightly moisten it, but in no case do not dip under water. Optimum temperature for ripening - from 18 to 29 degrees Celsius.
Viliable snails produce offspring, hatching it under the shell. During the incubation of females, some species are hiding in the sand and fall into the hibernation. After the release of mollusks to the light of the mother can remain the scar.
Underwater masonry are usually enveloped with a yellowish mucus. The laying is well drank with water, distributed in size. Optimal for ripening The temperature should not go beyond the range of 18-28 degrees Celsius. It is categorically impossible to get such masonry from the water.
The process of birth and formation
The speed of the appearance of snails depends on the environmental parameters. The first furs can be bled in 2 weeks, and can and in a month. If the birth has not happened, the masonry can be divided by half. If the offspring is not visible, it means the fertilization did not happen, or the snails did not develop due to lack of moisture. Young usually does not leave dry shell and dies.
The bulk of newborns dies in the first weeks of life, but the survivors are gaining strength and a lot of rapid pace. During the first half of the year, the fry reaches 3 cm long, some types of snails can already reproduce offspring.
Young snails eat the same food as parents.
The only danger is snail-predators or fish that are not off to snack with mollusks.
Regulation of number
Aquarium snails bring a lot of benefit and decorate aquarium. However, sometimes the moments occur when the growth of the population comes out from under control. Often with rich reproduction sin soil snails like melania. To withdraw the population is quite problematic.
Methods of getting rid of snails in the aquarium:
- Prevention - Snails often fall into aquarium with plants. In order not to occur unauthorized settlement, it is necessary to inspect the roots and wash off the caviar and fry. Also, they can be disinfected in a special solution.
- Diet . Often the snails begin to actively multiply in aquariums, where a very dense diet of fish. If the population of the snails began to increase in geometric progression, it is necessary to check whether there is no risk of fish. Putting them on the diet, it should still be promid the bottom, deleting the residues of food.
- Sucker. Part of the snails can be caught, however, the method does not differ in efficiency if you do not comply with the previous item.
- Trap for snails. You can buy finished from the manufacturer, or use the old grandfather method – Leave the cabbage sheet covered with boiling water overnight at the bottom of the aquarium. During this time, his snails will be clung. In the morning you need to get. The procedure repeat the required number of times.
- Fish - Highly to the aquarium of neighbors who eaten snails and their caviar: Tetradonov, clowns, macopods, some species of guruurs, soms (caraw).
- Snails Helena Also good in the fight against overpopulation, if it comes to a small opponent.
- Preparations for combating snail. Used as a means of last hope - a lot of side effects. Chemical will not destroy all the snails and their caviar. Dead snails, decaying, can cause a bacterial infection in aquarium.
Aquarium snails decorate the interior of any aquarium. They are not only beautiful, but also with proper care, also useful. Observing non-hard rules, you can achieve the harmonious development of the aquarium ecosystem. And then any kind of snails will delight the owners for many years.
Snails - unchanged satellites of any aquarium. Fans of exotic animals also seek their gaze on an unusual pet and harnessed land buchelogs. The content of snails in the aquarium and reproduction does not require special efforts. But those and others concerns the question: how snails multiply, and how to control their number.
Methods of breeding
Mollusks multiply in two ways: Some lay the caviar or eggs, others are nobility.
Most of the mollusks of hermaphrodite, that is, they can do both male and female role. There are also separate species.
The reproduction body is on the neck. A small white bump appears in a half-armed individual, which symbolizes about pairing readiness. Summotophores ripen in it. When animals are found, they exchange sex cells. After sharing the sperm, the mollusks are laying off caviar.
Snails lay the caviar everywhere: on water stroit, on the walls of the tank, in the ground, on algae, on the subjects of the decor.
Despite the general similarity in reproduction, there are nuances that should be known about.
Breeding ground snails
Akhatina and Helixes are the most popular among land species.
The reproduction of Akhatina
Akhatina - Eggladic look. The number of eggs in one masonry can reach 500 pieces.
Akhatina - hermaphrodites. But in the absence of a pair, self-exploitation does not occur. This should be considered those who want to do their breeding. But in the presence of a partner, the ranges can bring both mollusks. The half of the Ahanta comes in 6 months. But this does not mean that the mollusk immediately needs to be allowed to breed. The fact is that mating stops growth, and the owner will not wait for the maximum sizes of mollusk. The optimal age to start breeding is the year.
If there is a desire to get offspring, you need to comply with certain conditions:
- The volume of the aquarium must be at least 15 liters.
- The soil must fill the aquarium by 25% and have high humidity. It will stored the laying of eggs.
- Provide a sufficient amount of protein and calcium in the stern.
- Control the housing microclimate.
- Regular cleaning.
Completely, the incentive for the beginning of the reproduction is the complete replacement of the soil. After the snail postponed the eggs, it becomes slow, the activity drops sharply. During this period, it is necessary to organize enhanced food with calcium-containing products and closely monitor the microclimate in the terrarium.
Sperm in the body of the mollusk can be maintained for more than two years.
It is impossible to let in the breeding of close relatives.
There are vivious achatins.
Breeding of grape snail
Grape snail, Helix, has an agricultural meaning. Its breeding is practiced purposefully. The fact is that this species is a delicacy for people, feeding for birds and residents of home terrariums, is used in pharmaceutical.
Grape snails, like Akhatina, are hermaphrodites. Two individuals participate in the pairing. Helixes also lay eggs. The masonry is placed in the soil, to a depth of up to 10 cm.
Reproduction of aquatic snails
Water snails, in contrast to land, can be separated. It is impossible to distinguish the male from the female, but it is not required. Most of the representatives of the world of bunucheal sword caviar, but there are those who give live offspring. Parents do not burden themselves concern about the offspring, and the fir times immediately begin an independent life. The studio of the snails in the aquarium occurs without human intervention. Cases of self-exploitation. This is facing owners who put one-singles in aquarium, and after some time, with surprise, replenishment notice.
The reproduction of marine and freshwater bruhogs occurs in different ways. Unlike freshwater, which molds caviar, sea views are laying off eggs. Of these, larvae appear, which develop independently, drift in the thickness of water.
Most home aquariums live: coil, infusion, ampulyrary, melania, helen, spinning, tiryomnia, mariza, brothers, ball and pea. Each view has its own propagation features.
These mollusks hermphrodites. A pair of reproduction is not required: self-exploitation has been developed at the coils. A coil with a lightning speed is fruitful: more than 30 mollusks appear on the light. The development of caviar takes place in 2 weeks. Therefore, the coils do not like experienced aquaries so much and hurry to get rid of such a resident.
The infusion postpones its caviar on the leaves of plants or on the glasses of aquarium. In one laying about 20 eggs. Ikra Snail in the aquarium serves as feed for its inhabitants, which in turn helps to control the number of this mollusk. The caviar looks like a bunch, and looks like a jellyfish than attracts the attention of fish.
Ampuloras lay the caviar on the dry surface. Most often above the water under the lid of the aquarium. Development of caviar, approximately 20 days.
Melania borious appearance. Young is immediately ready for independent life. For the appearance of offspring, steam is required. In one brood can be up to 60 kids. Such a rapid reproduction often comes out of control.
Favorite experienced aquarists. Proper slowly, the process is easily controlled. Special caviar: Each Iikrinka is in an individual bag.
Salted water is required to obtain the rating. In fresh water, live, but the offspring do not bring.
Separation, viviorny snail. Enters only one egg.
Separate view of the bruhogs. Ikra looks like jelly with small snails.
Gives living offspring. Very poorly breeding.
Sharovka and Moroshinka
Wild kind of mollusks. In the aquariums breed very badly.
Snails benefit the aquarium. They are peculiar wipers of a home reservoir. But harm from them is no less. If you do not control the number of mollusks, the result may be unpleasant, and even deplorable. Dilute the snails in the aquarium is needed with the mind. If there is a target of breeding for sale, especially rare species, it is better to use a separate container.
Snails in the aquarium are multiplied under certain conditions:
- Temperature mode.
- The menu enriched with calcium and protein.
- Regular replacement of water.
There are several ways to control:
- The young people who appeared are destroying or at the feed in the inhabitants of the aquarium.
- Pick up the predatory types of fish, which are glad to enjoy caviar.
- Icra is harvested manually, frozen and used as natural feed.
- Chemical and electrical method are used in extreme cases, but there is a risk of losing other inhabitants of the aquarium.
Video about the reproduction of snails
Freshwater snails are an important part of aquarium ecosystem, for their home breeding it is not necessary to make special efforts. The reproduction of most of the diverse and same-sex mollusks species is extremely fast, in a short time young individuals fill the aquarium space. Aquariumists should be aware of how snails multiply in order to delete the extra young people in a timely manner, prevent overcrowding.
Same-sex and diverse types of snails
Mollusks living in aquarium are bile and hermaphrodites. The first in reproduction involved the male and female, these are the following types:
- Tiger snails;
Hermaphrodites - snails capable of changing the floor depending on the characteristics of the population, multiply without the participation of individuals of the opposite sex. These are the following types:
- Tropical strings;
Creating conditions for the breeding of snails
Reproduction at home in mollusks occurs almost continuously. Without control of the situation in a short time, young individuals literally flood aquarium space.
How to create comfortable conditions for breeding snails in aquarium:
- on 4 individuals take the reservoir of 30 l;
- control the water temperature in the range of 25-28 ° C;
- rigidity and acidity do not matter, these water parameters leave the same as usual;
- give food in sufficient number of days or two;
- feed the usual feed with the addition of boiled vegetables and bread;
- enrich calcium diet;
- Weekly change the water without topping the edge of the aquarium;
- To remove the food abdicted snails.
Singing caviar occurs on the leaves of underwater plants, the walls of the tank, decor elements.
As ampuloras are multiplying
Popular Amazon Snails with yellow or brown-yellow sink reaches 10 cm diameter. Ampulira is a view of a diverse.
It is impossible to determine the sexuality, the female does not differ from the male externally. Therefore, the aquarists buy for dilution 4-6 individuals. To understand who is the floor, seeing, seeing ampuloras in the aquarium: the male in the process of mating is always on top.
Female age comes in 1.5 years. How yellow snails in the aquarium are multiplied:
- In the body of females after fertilization, eggs are formed.
- It lays them over the water in the form of a slug of mass solidifying in the air.
- In nature, masonry are kept on coastal stones and plants. At ampulora, reproduction in the aquarium occurs on a glass aquarium wall.
- First, the cartons are translucent, white, with a soft shell, in diameter are 2 mm. Gradually darkest - this is formed sinks. Before the release of young eggs, dark brown eggs, solid.
- Developed snails threaten the shell of eggs, go out.
It is necessary to trace how the snails lay eggs in the aquarium: it is impossible to allow laying to get into the water, wedroch, otherwise the embryos will die. How to care for caviar of ampuilory: the drying of the masonry is unacceptable if it is postponed near the lighting device, it will have to gently cut, move to another place, inaccessible to fish and predatory snails. For the convenience of caviar care, it can be placed on the foam piece laid on the surface of the water.
How quickly the caviar snails in the aquarium, depends on the ambient temperature. At a temperature of 24-26 ° C, the ripening time is 2 weeks. At 20 ° C, the young man appears after 3 weeks.
Care for youngsters Simple: feed - rock, finely chopped salad leaves, dry planktonic crops. When breeding in a common aquarium, young individuals can be burned by fish, so it is better to move them to a separate tank.
How Akhatina breeds
African Akhatins are large ground mollusks, with high-quality care and keeping up to 30 cm in diameter, weighing up to 500 g. Sexual maturity comes to a one-year-old age. Outcasting eggs is marked every 2 months.
Ahather is a one-sex form, although his representatives are not inclined to self-exploitation. More often individuals fertilize each other. Moreover, they do not have female and male reproductive organs, instead of them from the front of the body there are limestias. Function of females, i.e., the carrier of eggs, takes a larger part on which the body is stronger. Sperm in the body of Akhatina is stored in a viable condition for up to 2 years.
How snails in the aquarium are multiplied:
- Pregnancy lasts 2 weeks.
- Then the pregnant female postpones about 200 eggs for further 2-3 weekly aging.
- The eggs have a solid shell. With the development of embryos, it is thinned, gives mineral substances of the forming shell.
- When the shell becomes quite thin, snail breaks it out, goes free.
Feeding of young people is the same as adult mollusks. But feed must be crushed.
Reproduction of other types of snails
Consider how other popular types of mollusks are paired, how to breed them in the aquarium:
- Melania - borious snails. Can multiply by parthenogenesis, that is, without fertilizing female by the male. Young individuals are born full. For some kind of child more than 10 young.
- Pagoda - gorgets, breed once a year. Births occur a month after mating.
- Marisi mate for almost a day. The eggs of snails in the aquarium appear every 4-5 days, ripen in a week. The males have a fleshy leg with brown specks, in females - dark brown with black specks.
- Coils breed rapidly. What caviar looks like: she is translucent, looks like a bubble film, but firm. The young man appears after 3-4 weeks.
- Physicals are distinguished by rapid reproduction. About 20 pending eggs are voluntary per month.
- Neretny multiply in warm salted water. Since sexual dimorphism is absent, in preparation for reproduction 8-10 individuals are taken.
- Predatory Helens lay 1-2 eggs. After spawning, you buried in the ground, go to the surface only six months later.
- Tiryosenia lay 2 eggs. Preparation for spawning includes installing a separate tank.
Most types of caviar develops up to a month. If this time period did not hatch, the masonry will have to destroy: she is dead.
What to do with superfluous snails
To remove the surplus of mollusks from the aquarium, the following methods are used:
- Pomigazine chemicals are used, sprinkle in aquarium water according to the instructions.
- Apply an electric current. This method of regulating the number of mollusks is only for experienced aquarists.
- They catch adult individuals and masonry eggs with hands.
- Mollusks do not multiply in fresh water.
- Keeping predatory Helen, giving small offspring devouring other clams.
The reproduction of snails performing in the overall aquarium an important role of cleaners is not difficult. Aquarist only needs to control the number of individuals, prevent overcrowding.
Snails are useful, they are considered aquarium sanitary panels, purify the ground from the residues of the feed, fed by parts of the plants. Most of them are hermaphrodites. Such creatures have female and men's genitals. So that there is no excess of individuals in the reservoir, you need to know the rules for their content.
In addition to aquarium, terrestrial mollusks are popular, owners keep them in terrariums as decorative species.
Features of breeding snails
The process of breeding land and aquarium clams is slightly different.
With sex ripening, mollusks appear on the right side of the white tubercle. So the snail signals the preparedness for reproduction. A pairing occurs through it. The copulatory body may be male (then white stain is drawn) and feminine (go deep into the funnel).
Snails multiply once a year, usually in spring after hibernation. At the recruitment stage, the couple relates to each other with tentacles. Then they are connected by soles, moisseled with mucus and come into contact with the genitals. After the marriage games, the mollusks stick to each other in each other lime needles - "Arrows of Love". At this time, fertilization occurs. The process is slow, takes a few hours. In the rainy season, the number of newborns increases.
After exchanging spermatops, the mollusks diverge. They can wear them for a whole year without laying eggs. Usually, the parents are formed an egg capsule (container with eggs covered by a shell). During masonry, it dissolves.
A person who performs a female role is laying eggs into a fossa or under the selected plant. The amount may be 30-40 pieces and more than 100-300, and some species up to 500-600. Then the snail falls asleep the masonry of the earth and leaves this place. Often eggs destroy insects, beetles, worms. From the remaining three weeks later, small snails appear. Without the shell, they live under the ground and eat the yellow bag. A few days later, the kids are chosen on the surface and feed on young leaves.
In special terrariums grown ground types of mollusks.
Ahather is a common African snail, it is used in cosmetology. In the nature of her sink up to 30 cm, in captivity - 20 cm.
Mollusk ripen after 6 months. For reproduction, a high container is needed, the temperature is + 25 ... + 30 ° C and humidity 60-70%. At the bottom of the coconut or orchid substrate, moss, combined with sand, soil.
The role of male, as in other types, performs a larger part. In nature and at home, the snail is starting marriage games from clinging, they take each other's neck, rubs their heads. Small individual gets out of large and arranged there. The process of copulation lasts several hours. At this time it is impossible to disturb the snails. The female of the female offspring 2-3 weeks, and then breaks into the ground and creates a laying there from 20-300 eggs there.
Owners usually crossed eggs and leave the largest, viable white color with a yellowish tint. Babes are born depending on the conditions, usually on time 15-30 days.
Archahatina is also a huge snail, but differs rounded on the end of the sink and shape of the leg with a groove or crocodile. It requires a temperature of + 23 ... + 28 ° C and high humidity 80%. Maturity occurs in 12-17 months. Egg development takes 28-40 days. The masonry is 3-12 pieces depending on the type.
Limicolaria - decorative snails of different colors. They are demanding of the content, like Archahatina, if they feel uncomfortable, fall into the hibernation. Capably reproduction after 9 months. Sheets about 300 eggs, young appear after 3 weeks.
Melania is on the light immediately living offspring, caviar do not postpone. Snails Miscellaneous, female shelters eggs inside the sink, more than 10 individuals are born at once. They grow slowly, a month to 6 mm. It can multiply by parthenogenetic means when eggs develop into an adult organism without fertilization.
Ampulyria reaches the marriage a year later. Eggs on the wall of the aquarium from above, not in water, the laying looks like a bunch of grapes. Three weeks later appear small snails. Caring for them is not required. You can separate small individuals in another reservoir.
Helena postpone few eggs, 1-2 larvae on stones, squigs. After the appearance of young individuals, they buried into the ground and do not appear long, you can see them after 6 months.
For breeding, you need a minimum of two snails.
Neretny produce offspring in warm, salted, better sea water. Lay the larvae on the plants, in the ground. To achieve reproduction, about 10 individuals are needed, it is impossible to determine the floor.
Males and females of marine differ in the color of the legs. The representative of the male is a bright shade with brown spots, female - dark chocolate with black specks. Snails mate until 10 o'clock. Caviar attach to the leaves of plants. Outlies individuals in a week. The masonry can appear every four days.
Pagoda - a borious snail, shesching offspring a month, they appear once a year. But it is difficult to get them, at home there is a great mortality.
The physicide lays 20 eggs at the base of the leaves, they ripen four weeks. Breed quickly.
The coil matures very quickly, caviar her looks like a transparent film, but her shell is strong, small snails appear after 21-28 days.
Tiryosenia needs a separate tank. She puts on 2 eggs, after birth, the snail is looking for food themselves.
How to create conditions for breeding snails in aquarium
Mollusks multiply under certain conditions:
- Water temperature + 25 ... + 28 ° C, without sudden drops.
- The need for sufficient feed.
- Calcium is added to the diet.
- Do not add water to the very top.
- Clean the rest of the food from the young.
- Change water once a week.
Hermaphrodites usually the male is a larger, the female is smaller. Age for breeding is not younger than 12 months. The caviar under water is covered with yellow mucus, on the surface - milk, then pink.
Sometimes the processes of self-exploitation are observed, without a partner.
It is not necessary to care for the larvae, only to clean the aquarium and follow the level of ammonia, it must be zero. Kids appear after 15-20 days. If this did not happen, the masonry is cleaned, it happens that the firks are not or most of the die.
How to regulate the number of snails in the aquarium
Despite the benefit of mollusks, you need to observe their number. Too much snails pollute water, spoil plants and eat caviar of fish. Owners resort to several ways to get rid of mollusks:
- Mechanical - young collected, crushed and feed the reservoir to other inhabitants.
- Thermal - masonry frozen, crushed and feed fish and snails.
- Biological - rafting predatory fish (cichlid, barbuses, tetraodones) or Helen, who eat other clams and caviar.
For the catch of mollusks, traps are used - covered with boiling water the cabbage sheet is placed on the bottom, the snails will gather on it in the morning. Or take a plastic bottle and make a hole for the bruhogs so that the fish can not get there.
There is still a chemical and electrical ways to get rid of snails, but then all the aquarium will suffer with other residents. Otherwise, snails are hardened, which are not able to multiply in fresh water.
Mr. Tail recommends: The most common aquarium snails
The varieties of aquarium snails are very much, among them are omnivorous and predators, which are bred separately. They come from Southeast Asia, Thailand, Africa. In nature, live in ponds, lakes, streams, rivers.
|Coils||Freshwater mollusks do not require special care and live even in dirty water. Give very quickly, life is 1 year. The sink is similar to a narrow, twisted spiral with 4-5 turns. Color - bright red, brown. Reach 3.5 cm in nature, 1 cm in the aquarium. We crawl over the surface and water, live one year. Eating dead algae, destroy the bacterial film.|
|Physical||Hermaphrodites, dimensions of 17 mm, in an 8-9 mm aquarium, often bring them randomly, together with plants. Egg-shaped sink up to 3-5 revolutions, color pink, brown, yellow-brown. Food remnants, green flare on glasses. But only useful in small quantities. Live up to 2 years.|
|Ampulora||Peaceful snails are contained with fish, eat a lot, grow up to 15 cm. There are more often yellow, still blue, white, black, blue. Live 2 years.|
|Melania||Viliable sedentary gray color of the mollusks, in the aquarium live in the ground, loosen it and improve water circulation, appear only at night. The shell in the form of a cone, 3 cm long, has 6-7 revolutions. Life term - 2 years.|
|Helena||Predatniki, love soft soil. Yellow with dark or black stripes. Miscellaneous, slowly multiply. Feed snail. 2 cm sizes live 2-4 years.|
|Tiryosenia||Viliable, beautiful, yellow, orange, olive, black, are distinguished by an unusual structure. The mouth part is similar to Tapira's Troves. The torso is bright yellow. Demanding content. Life life - 2-3 years.|
|Neretny||Miscellaneous, similar to the Colorado beetle, small, purify the aquarium, but the caviar there are often unsuitable there, live 2-3 years. The new conditions adapts badly.|
|Marisa||Dimensions up to 5 cm, beautiful, golden, seashell twisted with dark stripes. Breathing with atmospheric air, can leave the aquarium and walk around the house, separately, the male is easy to distinguish from females, omnivores. Live from 2 to 4 years.|
|Pagoda (Bristositions)||A rare species, reach 6 cm. Sensitive to the content of oxygen in water. Viliable, sedipators. Live no more than 6 months.|
Snails from natural reservoirs should not start at home (Prudovik, Luzhanka, Perlove). They eaten vegetation under the root and transfer diseases and pests.
Snails photo gallery:
No aquarium can do without snails. They are the most interesting inhabitants of the water element. Many aquarists put their content to the fore. They know perfectly, how homemade snails breed. And it is not at all surprising. After all, the snails support the desired pH of water, and also eliminate contamination from the bottom and walls of the aquarium.
What you need to know novice aquarists?
Experts argue that before launching fish to aquarium, it is necessary to place snails first. This is explained by the fact that fresh water immediately does not form the desired environment for the habitat of fish. For their instill, certain chemical reactions are needed. Otherwise, it is likely that the life cycle of other inhabitants of the aquarium will significantly decrease.
Snails are aquarium sanitation. They clean the algae, eat torn slices of leaves, and also pick up on the bottom of the disarmed food of fish. Thus, the snails play a big role in the aquatic environment.
It is also worth noting that these mollusks are the most persistent. This is another of the reasons why they are launched in aquarium in the first place.
Features of water snails
Before you know how the Snails are breeding, let's look at which of them can be launched into the aquarium.
First of all, you must understand that it is not all snails in such a living corner. After all, in nature there are two types of mollusks: land and water. Their names speak for themselves. In addition, if, for example, compare how the snails of sharp and simple aquarium are breeding, then even in this you can find significant differences.
We categorically not advise to stop your choice on those that you managed to find in nature. If you run into your rudover aquarium, then make a big mistake. First, this type of snails is intended to live on the will. Secondly, you risks infect water and all other inhabitants of aquarium aquarium by foreign bacteria that can cause various diseases of fish and even plants.
Experienced aquarists who tell how snails multiplied in the aquarium, insist only on the purchase of these water inhabitants in pet stores, as they correspond to all sanitary standards. Therefore, they will not bring you unexpected "surprises."
Nutrition aquarium snails
Aquarium snails - unique animals. Many of them can breathe in water and air. Therefore, they are very interesting to observe.
The esophagus of snails works quickly and without stopping. For them there is no certain time of food intake. These water inhabitants eat constantly! The biggest delicacy for them is fish feed. And as soon as she finds him, he tries to eat everything and immediately.
There is an opinion that aquarium snails eat the excrement of fish. It is not true. In addition, they are able to further pollute the aquarium and their waste, the number of which depends on the size and type of snails.
Splitting snails in the aquarium
When and how the aquarium snails multiply? As soon as these animals reaches maturity, they begin to multiply. And for this, it is not necessary to start several individuals. Snails same-sex. Therefore, it is enough to run one thing in aquarium, as after a while you will see her kids.
Snails lay the caviar on plants, pebbles, all kinds of items and walls of the aquarium. Very often, having bought a new plant in the aquarium, you can replenish it with new inhabitants. Together with algae in your water corner, ikrinka fall, of which small snails hatch over time.
Surely one of you already knows how the ampuilory snails will be multiply. And they do it a little differently. Ampuloras lay off their caviar slightly above the water level. At first it looks like small shore pieces attached to the wall, over time they become brown, and as a result of these eggs, small snails are hatched.
How and where to breed aquarium snails?
In general terms, we already know how snails multiply. Therefore, let's talk about how and where to breed them.
Watching aquarium snails, we can say that they breed constantly. Indeed, in a short period of time, they can significantly increase their population. Therefore, in this case, it is necessary to control their number in the aquarium in order not to achieve a critical indicator.
How do snails in aquarium multiply? How to increase their quantity? First, remember that a separate aquarium is needed for significant breeding them in the amount filled with estate water. Place there a little algae and run 3-4 snails. This amount for their intensive reproduction will be quite enough. Cake your pets once every 1-2 days with a small amount of feed. It can be like food for fish, boiled vegetables (cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and so on) and bread in small quantities.
It is worth mentioning that in one aquarium it is impossible to contain several types of snails at once. In this case, the rule is true: survivors the strongest. That is, large types of snails can simply eat small ones. There is a natural selection.
What to do with the overaffect of snails in the aquarium?
Now you know how snails multiply. And now, for sure, you have a question about what to do if their number exceeded the permissible norms.
Indeed, many are faced with this problem. And many do not know how to be in this situation.
There are three methods for balancing the number of mollusks in the aquarium.
- Special chemical agent that can be bought in any pet store. According to the instructions, after adding a certain amount of it in water, weak snails die, they survive only strong. But with this means you need to be very careful, since you should understand that any chemical tools can be a source of illness (sometimes even death) of other inhabitants of the aquarium.
- Electricity. It is mainly used by experienced aquarists who know how snails multiply and are thoroughly all that is connected with them. Therefore, beginners are not recommended to perform this procedure.
- Mechanical method. He assumes to catch mollusks with hands or sadcom. This option is the most optimal, since in this case you yourself control the number of snails you are going to leave with fish.
Diseases of snails
Today you can find a large number of books that describe how aquarium snails are multiplied, their nutrition, content and illness. Let's focus on the last.
Snails, like all the aquatic inhabitants, are subjected to diseases. One of the most common is the corrosion of the shell. This is explained by the high water temperature. In order to cure the mollusk, you just need to create a favorable environment for snails: water should be no more than 22 C. The most optimal temperature regime for breeding is the water temperature not higher than 25 S.
How snails multiply in aquarium
Many aquarists pay a lot of attention to the reproduction of snails. Mollusks not only please the eye, but also capable of cleaning the aquarium, maintain the necessary pH in the water. Before running fish, several snails are placed in the water. The latter will prepare the desired habitat. Snails multiply in the aquarium pretty quickly, so it is necessary to follow their population.
The structure of snails
Snail is a mollusk that moves on one leg. From above wearing a sink. Snails have a couple of tentacles on the head, can breathe both in water and beyond. They have gills and lungs.
Snail structure. Domestic and external organs.
You can meet both diverse and same-sex individuals. Some species give birth to live offspring. These include melania. Others postpone the caviar.
Single-sex individuals have male and female reproductive organs. Often they fall into the aquarium already fertilized.
It is not worth settling aquarium snails that were taken from natural reservoirs. They can become a source of infections. Buy mollusks should only be purchased in pet stores and reliable suppliers.
In the nutrition, the snail is not picky, can eat even residues of feed after fish. Thanks to this, the water is clean in the aquarium. To their shortcomings, the aquarists include partial or complete destruction of algae, rapid reproduction. Also, some species are distinguished by a mucus that makes water muddy.
At one time, some types of snails can postpone up to 500 eggs. Of these, rapidly growing cubs appear. What the owner decides with them after doing.
Features of some snails
To large varieties of snails there are ampuilia. Its sink in diameter can reach 7 cm, and the foot is up to 9 cm. The peculiarity of its structure is that she has a lid. Having hated the danger of snail hiding, covering her. Also, she has a well-developed smell, so feeling the smell of feed, it quickly goes to it. This is a diverse mollusk. For breeding in enough 3-4 individuals. Since its caviar puts on the surface of the water, 2-4 cm of airspace should be left in the aquarium.
Fys of small size. The diameter of their shell does not exceed 2 cm. Their feature is that they highlight the thread that connects the bottom with the surface of the water. It is on her that the snails are moving.
The vivaging mollusks include melania. They love to hide in the ground, not letting it stammer. Feed in what can be found at the bottom. Ground melania in small quantities. At once, about 50 cubs may appear.
Process of breeding
Reproduction by snails, it is a practically continuous process. Who was engaged in their breeding, noticed that for a small segment of time, the aquarium is simply filled with mollusks. In order not to achieve a critical indicator, this process must be monitored.
So that the snail is comfortable, they need aquarium more than 30 liters. Water should be estimated. In the aquarium, at first launch no more than 4 individuals. They should be fed every 1-2 days. As feed use:
- boiled vegetables;
- Fish feed;
- A small amount of bread.
Aquarium residents are tagged with melons.
Come into the aquarium snail from pet stores, as well as with acquired plants and stones. They are caviar, which is hard to notice. Thus, the settlement can occur without the aquarist's knowledge. Therefore, all decorative elements are recommended to prepare with special solutions. At high speed reducing coils and physicals. They can spoil their habitat for fish.
Do not throw the fish. Excess the feed will eat the young clams, which will accelerate their reproduction even more.
Methods of breeding
In the case of breeding salvas, the female and male are placed in a separate aquarium. This will ensure their mating. Molluscs include:
- Tiger snails;
- Pagoda: ordinary and broofyments;
- Nerthitins: Red-point and freshwater;
After visiting a separate aquarium, they must be abundantly feeding and increase the temperature of the water.
The same-sex species include:
- Burbed Melonoidsa;
- tropical strings;
They do not have sexual differences. In the aquarium, the role of the male performs a larger mollusk, and the females, respectively, small.
It is not worthwhile to remove the offspring to use individuals from one litter. Most likely their cubs will not survive or will have pathology.
The outer shell of caviar they have quite dense, so fish can not eat it.
There are snails that do not need a couple, they are same-sex. Even if only one individual is in the aquarium, after a while she will give offspring. Caviar snail is set aside on the leaves of algae, the walls of the aquarium, pebbles and the subjects of the decor. The masonry cannot be transferred to another place. This will lead to the death of the offspring.
Snails ampuillry are laying off caviar slightly above the water level. First, the masonry resembles a transparent jelly. Through a small segment of time it darkens, acquires a brown tint. The color says that the kids will soon appear.
The caviar of ampuilory was crushed, you can already consider tiny streets.
Some types of snails are buried in the sand and are there before the appearance of eggs. The light can hatch until hundreds of cubs.
Mariza diocese. The males have a bright leg with brown stains, the female is darker. They can mock up to 10 hours, caviar is attached to plants. The masonry appears every 4 days. The birth of mollusks occurs in a week.
It is hard to breed the pagoda. This is a borious snail. She shelters offspring for a month, produces it on the light once a year. Have a high mortality rate.
Snails Pagoda. Beautiful, but in captivity breeding with difficulty.
A separate reproduction tank is needed by tilomania. At a time she puts only a couple of eggs.
How to stimulate spawning
It is necessary to approach the process of breeding snails. They need strict observance of water temperature. It can range from 25 ° to 28 °. You can not allow sharp temperature drops.
At the bottom of the aquarium, it is necessary to fasten the coconut litter. Sometimes, the sink can burst during nursing. To this not happen, some calcium is added daily into its diet. Under all conditions, mollusks are fruit every 3-5 days.
How to care for young
The caviar of the aquarium snails is not placed in a separate container. Usually, cubs hatch in a week - half a month. If there are no offspring after three weeks, the masonry is destroyed manually. Most likely the caviar could not develop.
Young from the aquarium needs to remove the remains of food and change the water once a week. The aquarium must be clean, the level of ammonia is zero.
What to do with surplus mollusks
To reduce the population of aquarium mollusks, it is necessary:
- Take advantage of a special chemical agent. It can be purchased in the pet store. The tool, according to the instructions, are suited to the aquarium and after a while weak snails die. Only in this case should be careful, since other inhabitants of the aquarium can die together with snails: any shrimps and some fish.
- Use electric current. This manipulation is performed by experienced delivery, newcomers with the task may not cope.
- You can start Helen. She is known for eating other mollusks. She prefers to live in the sand, slowly multiply.
Snail Helena - a predator Ulitkoad.
- Clean your hands. You can remove egg masonry during cleaning the aquarium or catch adult individuals. To speed up the catch, on the bottom of the aquarium it is necessary to put the cabbage sheet covered with boiling water. Snails are going to her, which, after removing from the aquarium, along with the bait.
- Or you can start a snails that do not multiply in fresh water.
It is easy to control the population of coils. They have a dense caviar, so the fish does not touch her, but he likes to eat young. The youngsters feed the catfish. They also eat fishe eggs.
Since some types of mollusks are fruit pretty quickly. Surplus their masonry can be harvested, freeze, and after feeding it, fish and snails.