In the article " Oil for hydraulic power steering : Choose the right one. "We described in detail about the composition and functions of hydraulic fluids for GUR. In this material - details about how much the working fluid is served and how to replace it correctly.
When need to change oil in gur
Some car dealers assure that the hydraulic fluid, poured into the GUR from the plant, is not replaced throughout the life of the car (this is mainly related to the so-called "green" oils). This statement is erroneous. Hydraulic fluid - consumable material for which such concepts are inherent as aging during operation. It should be understood that there are recommended (planned) car manufacturer Time to replace fluid in GUR (marked in the operating manual), and there are special replacement time - early and emergency.
Planned working fluid in GUR is recommended to change once every 1-2 years, depending on the brand and car model, as well as on the conditions of its operation. The more severe these conditions, the period of the planned replacement of oil in the hydraulicel in shorter.
Early hydraulic fluid in GUR is changed due to the failure of the elements of the steering mechanism (rail, gears, thrust). In order for the newly installed steering elements to work simply, it is recommended to replace the fluid in the GUR - especially if it is operated without replacement for several years.
Emergency replacement of hydraulic fluid in GUR is carried out in case of depressurization of the system of the hydraulic cell or the failure of its nodes and mechanisms (hydraulic cylinder, controlling spool, pump, hoses).
It is necessary periodically, once every six months, check the level and condition of the hydraulic fluid in the expansion tank.
If the level fell (and it must be in the tank between the marks MIN. и Max ), it may have occurred depressurization of the system and oil goes away. Then it is necessary to check the status of all nodes of the hydraulic system, reveal the breakdown and fix it. If this is not done on time, then the consequences can be sad: increased wear of the working parts of the pump (as a result - the failure of the power steering mechanism housing in the area of compression rings), a decrease in the mobility of the pump reduction valve due to insufficient heat dissipation from the pump nodes, enlarged Wear teeth of the shafts of the steering rack and gearbox.
The state of the working fluid in the GUR is simply checking: we open the expansion tank, with the help of the probe we take a certain amount of oil and apply it to a blank paper. If the liquid is transparent, has a color rack - everything is in order with it. If a turbid, with visible impurities - such an oil must be replaced. The appearance of sediment in the hydraulic fluid indicates that its additives will no longer cope with their functions due to decomposition during operation. If such a liquid is not replaced, then oil in the GUR can foam, oxidize, lose its lubricating and anti-corrosion properties, which will lead to a system breakdown.
Replacing fluid in GUR: Five simple steps
To replace the working fluid in the hydraulicel, we will need: jack, medical syringe, clean vest, canister with oil for GUR. On average, no more than 1 liter of liquid take to replace. The recommended amount can be found in the car manual.
Step 1. Install the car on the lift. If it is not, we use two jacks for hanging the front wheels.
Step 2. Open the lid of the expansion tank GUR, with the help of a medical syringe, pump a waste fluid.
The fluid remaining in the tank can be merged, removing the hoses (the main one leading to the pump and the reverse, coming from it) and lowering them into the prepared container (a plastic 1.5 liter bottle is suitable). First, remove the main hose (as a rule, is located below), turn the wheel, seeking pumping system.
Do not turn the engine! When the liquid stopped dripping, set the main hose to the place, remove the reverse and produce the same action with it.
Step 3. Fill fresh hydraulic fluid into the expansion tank GUR, watching its level. The optimal level is between tags MIN. и Max . Note that there are four labels in some expansion tanks: MIN. Cold и MIN. Hot. , Max Cold и Max Hot. . Cold is the level of "cold" fluid, hot - "hot", that is, when the car is operated.
Step 4. Rotating the steering wheel to the right and left for pumping fluid on the GUR system. Repeat the level of oil in the labels - if it has become less, we fill and so until we set the optimal level. Spin the lid of the expansion tank.
Step 5. We descend the car from the lift, we remove the jacks. We start the engine, we pass a few kilometers and re-measure the fluid level in the GUR tank. If it is in the middle of the labels MIN. Hot. и Max Hot. , I no longer need to pull the oil. If the liquid exceeds the level Max Hot. , then you need to pour some amount of fluid, as in the process of work (when heated), it can spill out of the tank and pour the engine nodes nearby, which will lead to the failure of the motor.
As we see, no special complexity in the process of replacing the working fluid in the hydraulic power steering wheel. Nevertheless, it is important to remember that the replacement of oil in the GUR should be accurately used, using pure sweater, since the mud entering the liquid can lead to the deterioration of its operational qualities. For those who are not confident in their own power, we advise you to replace fluid in the GUR on a hundred - there this operation is carried out on a special stand, which guarantees high-quality oil replacement.
Ways to properly replacing oil GUR
Working lubricant hydraulic power steering, like any other lubrication, with time it becomes unusable. Consider the resource of the technical fluid, as well as describe in detail how to change the oil in the power hydraulicel and how much it costs to pour lubricants for the operation of the system.
Some manufacturers of GUR argue that oils in their systems are flooded for the entire service life, so the replacement due to aging and the loss of properties is not needed. It is necessary to change the oil only in the case of technical works affecting the hydraulic strengthening system. Of course, if the level "leaves", only the liquid recommended by the manufacturer is worth it.
We want to assure you that if you are expensive, the maintenance of your car, replacing the fluid Gur - the mandatory component of the maintenance. It is recommended to change the oil every 100 thousand km. either 4-5 years of operation.
If you do not know how often and when the oil changed for the last time, it is necessary to navigate on the condition of the liquid. Dark color, mud impurities, grown smell - clear reasons to replace lubricating composition.
In some steering tanks, a mesh for filtering is installed. The dirty liquid is capable of scoring the pores, which worsens the bandwidth, it makes it possible to circulate fluid throughout the system. It feels the high level of noise of the pump of the pump GUR, and more effort is required for the rotation of the steering wheel.
Information on how much oil is flooded in the GUR of your car (and how often it needs to be changed), you can learn from the technical documentation for use. Note that part of the filling volume when replacing with your own hands, in any case, will remain in the system. Depending on the selected replacement method, this indicator varies from 5-20%.
If you do not have any materials on your hands, you can navigate the amount of fluid that it will be done to merge. Usually replacing the power of the water car power steering vehicle requires no more than 1 liter oil. How many lubricants will need, also depends on the method of replacement.
Control of quantity
The fluid level of the GUR can be checked in two ways:
- On the tank there are molding with notches. Since when heated, lubricants are expanding, you will see two border marks: min, max. The first shows The minimum level, and the second maximum allowable. Check the level preferably "on the cold". In this case, the optimal indicator will be a level slightly exceeding the average value between MIN and MAX. If the tank is made of translucent plastic, the housing can be highlighted with a flashlight. The boundary of the fluid on the reverse side will in this case become more noticeable;
- Another type of construction assumes the presence of a probe, which is simultaneously the tank lid. Check the level will help the same forming. On certain models, there can be only one line that sets the minimum permissible amount of fluid "on the cold".
Method of partial replacement
The first method of replacement with your own hands is the most simple, but at the same time more costly from the point of view of the financial component. To replace the oil, you will need:
- double volume of refueling liquid;
- the syringe with the hose, the length of which will reach up to the bottom of the tank of the power steering;
- Capacity for draining testing.
Change the fluid GUR can be as follows:
- With the help of a syringe and a hose dressed on it, throw out the maximum possible amount of the liquid from the tank;
- Next, it is necessary to add new oil;
- overcome as usual about 100 km.;
- Repeat the procedure until the GUR does not change the color to overcome the specified kilometer. This will be a signal that the system is completely cleaned from old contaminants.
This method is most favorable because it allows you to rinse the entire system well. But it requires more lubricants and time costs. A simplified method of partial replacement involves mixing the old and new oil by rotating the steering wheel (the machine is on the spot). To do this, after the fill of the new oil, rotate the steering wheel to the left, delay in this position 2-3 s., Then turn the wheels in the opposite direction, withstanding the same pause. The number of repetitions for each case individually. To facilitate life Pump GUR, post the front axle of the car.
This method is more acceptable if you need to change the lubricant on the car, where access to the feeds of the supply and fluid feed rods is difficult.
A bit of theory
It is impossible to correctly change the GUR oil below the method described, without having knowledge of the fundamental device of the hydraulic increase in the steering. Those in our case there will be knowledge that the liquid is closed from the tank into the pump for pumping into the rail, the steering gearbox; After completing the useful operation, the lubricant returns through the line of returns to the tank.
Tools and materials
Replacing with your own hands is impossible without the next set of tools:
- plug for hole in the tank under the return hose;
- Capacity for the drain of the old liquid;
- syringe and hose;
- Jack and supports for safe hanging front axles.
Replace the GUR oil will be easier if you invite assistants. The use of an air compressor will help drive out of the system more old liquid.
Replacing one smear
- Pour all the liquid from the tank with a syringe and hose. Remove the tank and rinse it well;
- The backbone hose is lowered into the container. Establish it so that the old fluid does not spill during the drain process;
- Post the front axle of the car;
- Remove the steering wheel to the left left, then in the opposite direction. Repeat the procedure until the old lubricant stops from the loaf hose. For an even better result, pull the fuse of the fuel pump or remove the ignition coil, and then screw the engine starter not more than 10 s. With small intervals, repeat the procedure several times. It is not worth starting the engine, since work without lubrication can negatively affect the rubbing elements of the pump. In the presence of a compressor, briefly serve in the supply of compressed air lubrication lubrication hose. This will help to get rid of the old fluid as much as possible. Be careful because the pressure can lead to splashing of the liquid;
- Install the tank and connect the hoses;
- Now it is necessary to add a new liquid, leave the lid open;
- Ask the assistant either ownly twist the steering wheel until it stops left and right. At first, it does not matter how much you will pour fluid, as it will go to fill the system. If you want to correctly change the power steering fluid, do not allow the tank to be allowed. This will lead to a trusting of the system;
- When the level stops decreasing, start the engine. Continue the rotation of the steering wheel with low delays in the extreme position until the air will stop out the system.
When you execute item 2, install the tank and drain the reversal hole in it. We will change the liquid without merging the entire old lubricant. Fill new oil. Now you need to rotate the steering, as described above, and replenish the level in the tank until the old lubricant arising from the loose hose is not replaced by a new one. Many believe that the fluid of the GUR is more correctly changed, since the "replacement is one fell" method leads to the fact that the system is often delivered.
Hydraulic steering wheel - a reliable assistant and a faithful driver friend. It facilitates the steering wheel turn, makes driving smooth and comfortable. But that Gur serve you faithfully as long as possible, you also need to take care of it.
Scheme of the steering rack with gur
What is oil gur
It is the oil in the hydraulicel, in fact, helps rotating the steering wheel, passing the force from the steering wheel to the wheels due to the pressure in the system. In addition to its main function, the oil Gur serves as a lubricant for the entire mechanism of the steering rack, cools it and carefully protects against corrosion.
What are the types of oils and what myths about it came up with an automotive community, read here.
According to the rules, the planned replacement of oil is carried out once or two years, depending on the load on the car, or not less than once 100 thousand kilometers. And urgent, or emergency replacement is carried out if the pump or another element of the hydraulic system has failed.
What does a filter gur look like
But our drivers are usually "scored" and do not change the oil for 3-4 years. What is it fraught with?
- A huge number of smallest garbage, metal chips and other wear products accumulates in spent oil. All this suspension does not benefit the hydraulic system, especially the filter, which is in the Bach Gur. It is clogged and the pump is a superload. As a result - a broken pump GUR, the price of which, by the way, is not the lowest.
- Oil for GUR is not such a hygroscopic, like brake fluid, however, it absorbs condensate. Water in the GUR system causes inexorable and ruthless corrosion of the steering rack.
- In addition, condensate in oil contributes to the viscosity of the oil in winter. The oil cannot normally circulate, there is an excessive load on the entire unit and its seals, the system is depressled, flows, the buzz appears under the hood.
- And in hot weather, oil with condensate, on the contrary, is overly liquid, "watery". In this case, such oil does not create the desired pressure on the wheels. The steering wheel becomes tight, or turns onto the jerks.
If in the winter you turned on the ignition and heard the hum, which soon passed (when the oil was warmed) - most likely, you are dealing with the superload on the gur pump. Such an increased load is at times shortens the life of the hydraulic agent. Therefore, it is important to change the oil GUR before the start of winter, if the replacement time is already fits.
And if time is suitable for changing the oil at the end of winter, then spring is the right time for this. So you will not allow oil liquefaction with condensate, and loss of effort in a warm period.
How to understand that the oil "is no longer"
How can you see the naked eye that the oil is unsuitable?
- Open a tank cover GUR.
- I remember how the color was oil when it was only poured into the tank - yellow, green or red. If there are remnants of that oil, pour into a plastic cup and compare.
- If the liquid darkened, this is the first signal that it is time to change oil.
- If the oil is dark brown, it is a more disturbing sign.
- And if the consistency oil resembles Ermm ... hot chocolate is a business pipe. Urgently, hear, urgently change the oil!
Nesstable and fresh oil GUR - Find 5 differences
To prevent such an outcome, we recommend not to simply change the oil once in an enon number of kilometers, but also to check the oil GUR every inspection.
We change oil gur
We, of course, recommend entrusting this procedure to professionals - hydraulic machinery. So easier, faster and, most importantly, safer. But if you do not trust a hundred or you just in a kayf to dig in your own car on the weekend, our tutorial to help you.
So, there are two options for self-replacement of oil:
- Partial replacement - suitable if you decide to replace the liquid on your own, and the oil in the tank has not yet been soaked as the blood of the Volan de Mort;
- Full oil change.
For both options, you will need:
- New oil. The one that suits your car is usually the manufacturer indicates the type of oil - synthetics or mineral water, etc.
- 20-CD syringe + rubber tube - To pump out spent oil from the tank.
- Lake (for complete replacement).
- Capacity with a scale volume - to understand how much oil you are merged.
- We unscrew the tank cover GUR.
- A syringe with a pre-molded tube in several stages we remove the oil - pour into a container with a scale.
- When all the old oil was removed, fill the tank with fresh oil to the maximum label.
- We start the engine and wait until the oil breaks through the system, again we fill the oil to the maximum. We repeat the manipulation while the oil will no longer leave the tank.
- When they saw that the oil no longer leaves, we begin first smoothly, then faster rotating the steering wheel - to the extreme position to the right, then also left several times.
- Turn off the engine, and continue to turn the steering wheel until it rotates easily - it means that the hydraulic system was filled with fresh oil.
- We invite an old friend to assistants.
- We subdominate the front of the car for consoligibility - so the wheels will be easier to rotate when the oil run.
- We unscrew the tank cover GUR.
- Spread all the oil, as in the first way.
- Weaken the clamp on the tank hoses, remove them with the tank. As a result, we have two oil-oil hoses: one from the pump GUR (now we don't need it), the other from the steering rack - we guide it to the tank for the drain of the old oil.
- Your one-wheel drive begins to rotate the steering wheel, turning the wheels. Thus, we pump out the oil from the hydraulic system.
- When all the oil is probably fused, take the hose from the pump, insert the watering can in it. In small doses, we pour oil into it.
Pour oil through watering
- Your comrade continues to rotate the steering wheel.
- When pure oil appears in the tank for spent oil, we stop, we return the hoses to the place, fix the clamps. Install the tank GUR.
- In the open tank, fill the oil to the maximum mark.
- We remove the jack, we turn the engine. Turn off the engine and check the oil level. Take the oil until it stops caring out of the tank - as in the method 1.
- We arrange a checkpoint to check the rigidity-soft steering wheel.
- Things are good? Congratulations, you did everything!
If you suddenly have questions about the process of replacing the oil - here is a video lesson from our specialists:
How to replace the oil of the hydraulic
It does not matter if you will change oil yourself or in the car service. The main thing is to do it regularly to avoid breakdowns of the pump GUR. Pure oil and a good car!
How to change in the hydraulic power steering oil
During the operation of the car there is a gradual wear of the elements of the steering system. Metal parts wear out and come into disrepair. To reduce the driving speed and preventing the stirring of rubbing parts, oil for the hydraulic power steering (GUR) is used.
What is the change of oil in the steering hydraulic tape
During operation, there is a need to add or completely replacing the lubricating composition. Signs of the need to replace oil in GUR are:
- extraneous sounds when rotating the steering;
- the difficulty of rotation of the steering wheel;
- Changing the color of the lubricating fluid;
- The appearance of burned odor;
- decrease in the level of the mixture below the permissible;
- The appearance of the sediment in the lubricant.
Development of resources of substances leads to a violation of the physicochemical characteristics of the composition. The degree of viscosity and liquid consistency is disturbed. Intermolecular connections are destroyed. The change in the structure of the substance reduces the lubricating oil properties.
Liquids for Gura.
Two types of compositions are used to replace oil in GUR:
Raw materials for the manufacture of synthetic oils are ethylene and artificial chemical additives. The use of additives improves the chemical composition and lubricating properties of the synthetic mixture. Artificial materials have a high cost.
Attention! The type of fluid used is indicated in the instruction manual for the car. Use of other types of oils is not allowed.
Mineral mixtures are obtained from crude oil. Widely used in the automotive industry. Have low cost and availability. For use, harmful impurities are removed as a lubricant from oil.
Characteristics of oils
In the manufacture of products, European standards are used. They share all the compositions on the following characteristics:
- PSF. (synthetic emulsion for power steering);
- ATF. (Synthetic mixture for automatic transmission).
The difference is in the presence or absence of special additives. In the mixtures for the hydraulic power steering force there are no additives.
Matching machinery and liquids GUR
For lubrication gearbox use special additives. They increase the plasticity and the temperature of the heating of the lubricants.
European manufacturers produce oils of different colors. The concern VAG produces a mixture of green. Mersedes is yellow. Domestic and some global manufacturers produce red raw materials.
The type of composition used in the steering system is indicated in the technical documentation for the car. The use of other substances is not allowed. In some cases, the emulsion of different shades are stirred among themselves. The possibility of mixing and quantitative proportions are indicated on the package.
How to independently replace lubrication in the steering hydraulic
The process of changing the oil in the steering hydraulicel is quite simple. In the absence of free time and suitable conditions, refer to the specialists of car maintenance stations.
Lubrication in the steering hydraulicel can be changed with their own hands. An independent change of the working mixture saves a significant amount to pay for services of specialists.
Replacing fluid in steering hydraulic
Raising a car with a jack
Before carrying out lubricants, the front of the car raise over the ground with the help of jacks. The front wheels must be at a distance of 5-10 cm from the surface of the Earth.
When rotating the steering wheel rotate the wheels in different directions. Wheel rise is necessary to control the process of changing the fluid and its free penetration into hard-to-reach places. To increase the plasticity lubricant, the car is heated for 3-5 minutes.
Council. Experts are recommended to change oil in the steering hydraulic tape every 100,000 km of run. At least once in 4-5 years, the lubricant emulsion is fully replaced.
For fluid change in the steering column, the following materials will be required:
- Metal or plastic capacity of 0.5-1.0 liter;
- rubber or plastic hose-syringe with a diameter of 5-10 mm;
- Clean and dry rag.
The container is designed to drain the spent oil. Rafting remove traces of lubrication and other contaminants from the elements of the steering power steering.
Methods for replacing lubricant
For a change of lubricant in the steering system, two ways are used:
The process of replacing fluid GUR
- With partial removal of old lubricant.
- With a complete removal of spent substances.
Partial replacement is used to accelerate work. In this case, the exhaust oil is not completely bought. This method is used after 30-50 thousand mileage kilometers.
With a complete change, with the help of a syringe hose, the expansion tank pumps all the lubricant. Capacity removed and washed thoroughly. Special attention is paid to clean the filter part at the bottom of the reservoir. The cleaned tank is installed in place. After installation and fixing in the container, the required amount of emulsion is poured.
Step-by-step oil replacement instructions do it yourself
The process of replacing oil in GUR consists of the following steps:
- Drain of waste fluid.
- Fill a new composition.
Drain of waste liquid
The process of changing the liquid in the hydraulic tape of the steering wheel consists of the following operations:
Demolition of the expansion tank GUR using a syringe
- Turn off the car engine.
- Remove and remove the tank cover.
- Insert one end of the hose into the tank and lower it until the bottom.
- To eliminate the possible interference, the end of the hose is rotated several times in different directions.
- The second end of the hose is thoroughly wiped from dirt.
- Insert into the mouth and blow the air portion.
- Then they dramatically pull the air and remove the hose from the mouth.
- Apply an empty container at the end of the hose.
- Dry liquid until the expansion tank is completely emptying.
- For complete drain of the liquid, rotation is rotated. Branca turns several times until it stops in the same way.
- After a complete drain, the hose from the expansion tank is pronounced.
After the operations performed, the working mixture is embroidered into the power steering system.
Attention! When adjusting the steering system, it is necessary to completely replace the lubricant. There should be no residues in the expansion tank. Otherwise, the remnants of spent oil with a new mixture occurs. The resulting liquid loses a significant part of the initial properties.
Pouring lubricant to the hydraulic power steering is carried out in the following order:
Pouring lubricant in gur
- With the help of a funnel poured lubricating fluid into the expansion tank.
- Include a car and warm the engine for 3-5 minutes.
- When the engine running, the steering wheel turns several times until it stops in different directions.
Steering wheel rotation helps a heated mixture to squeeze air from emptiness and get into the hard-to-reach places of the steering mechanism.
The drain and fill the fluid is carried out several times. Repeated replacement of the composition allows you to completely clean the steering column from the dirt and remnants of the waste fluid.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OPERATION GUR
The required amount of lubricating emulsion is determined according to the instruction manual for the car. When replacing manually, it fails to completely clean the steering power steering from the old lubricant.
The amount of the new mixture is determined by the number of old lubrication. Modern cars require up to 1.0 liter lubrication.
Control over the amount of lubricant in the hydraulic power steering is carried out in two ways:
Checking the level of working fluid steering amplifier
- By characteristic marks on the wall of the tank.
- With the help of a special probe.
In the first case, the fluid level is controlled by MIN and MAX marks. These marks are applied to the surface of the tank wall from the outdoor side.
MIN mark shows the minimum permissible level of the working mixture. Max "Max" - the maximum allowable level. Pouring is carried out to the level of the average value between the marks.
Attention! Pouring and tank filling control is carried out with a cold engine.
In the second case, a special probe is used. The element is located on the inside of the tank cover. It is a metal or plastic rod with applied lubrication levels. In the footsteps, in one or another level, they estimate the need to change the fluid.
Cold and Hot Fluid Level Measurement Scale
Full care and timely change of oil in the steering mechanism guarantee the uninterrupted operation of the car for many years. The process of replacing the lubricating fluid is quite simple and does not require technical skills.
Any car enthusiast should know how to change the oil hydraulic oil oil. Information on the procedure for work and requirements for operating conditions is indicated on the commodity packaging.
Video on the topic: Proper fluid replacement GUR
👌🏻 Like most of the aggregates in the car, the power steering also needs maintenance. Although some car manufacturers do not regulate the life of the liquid in the hydraulicel, believing that it is filled with the entire service life of the car and needs only in a gravy, yet the fluid can sometimes be changed. Since with the intensive operation of the car, the liquid is heated, over time, its color becomes darker, and sometimes can be accompanied by the smell of Gary, in such cases it is required to replace liquid replacement. If you decide to replace the fluid, then you will need:
New liquid recommended by the manufacturer of the car, in the required quantity (see the technical documentation for the car) .20 gram syringe with a tube, for pumping the old liquid. Atar for the old liquid (plastic 1,5 liter bottle is suitable). Right two ways:
1) by partial replacement. 2) complete replacement.
The first way is simpler, but less effective:
- Recruit the tank cover with a liquid of the hydraulicel. - We take into the hands of a syringe with a tube and completely pump out the liquid from the tank. - Pour a new liquid from the tank. - We pour a new liquid to the level. - We turn the engine and grieve to the level. - Moving the engine and turn the steering wheel. The result. The method will take away from you a little longer time and strength, but you will achieve almost 100% liquid replacement.
You will need to post it in front of the car, so that the steering wheel can be easily rotated on the unused engine. High-circle bull lid and completely pump out liquid from it, as in the first method. Refrigerate clamps on hoses suitable to the barrel. Hands are removed Bachek. If necessary, rinse it. Now we have two hoses in our hands. One goes straight to the hydraulic switch pump, the second from the steering rail (passes through the cooling tube before the radiator). So we will not need the first to us, but the second is a reverse order, we will send it into a plastic bottle prepared by us. They go behind the wheel and start to rotate the wheel left to the right. Thus, we will remove the old fluid from the system. Some at the same time do the engine, in this case, the removal of the old liquid will have many times faster, but I am such a way not practicing. When the liquid almost stopped running, go under the hood. We take a hose going to the pump, and insert the funnel into it. Next would not prevent any help. Whether the bottle with fresh liquid is open, and there is a funnel, and at this time the assistant actively rotates the steering wheel, just like you before. If there is no assistant, then you will have to do it yourself, after attaching a hose with a funnel. We will not see a fresh liquid and twist the steering wheel that the pure new liquid went from the return. - We put on the hoses and put the tanks in place. . - Rotating the steering wheel. - We turn the engine, rotate the steering. - the mooring engine and omit in front of the car. - Repeal liquid again to the level.
Today, almost all modern cars are equipped with an amplifier of the steering wheel. In fact, there are two types of amplifiers: a hydraulicer (GUR) and an electric powerful (EUR). Taking into account the fact that the second option appeared relatively recently, a hydraulic amplifier has enough models.
Immediately we note, the replacement of the gur fluid is the necessary procedure every 80-100 thousand km. Run. Also oil in the hydraulicel may need to be replaced earlier. As a rule, the replacement is needed after mixing different liquids during the tops, due to the loss of the properties of the flooded fluid (for example, the oil in Gura is sparkling), etc.
Even the fluid varies as a result of breakdowns of the GUR, as well as in cases where the power of the steering hydraulic replacement was performed. Next, we will look at what features and reasons are a reason for replacing the fluid in this unit, as well as how to change the oil in the hydraulicel and what to take into account when this replacement.
Why and when the oil changes in the hydraulicel
To understand what is required to replace the oil in Gura, you need to know how this node works. First of all, the work of such an amplifier is based on the fact that it is through the working fluid (GUR oil) a force on the steering elements is transmitted.
At the same time, many drivers mistakenly believe that the load is minimal, and the power of the hydraulic power steering is filled with the entire service life of the car and the oil in the GUR is not needed.
In fact, the oil change is needed in order to increase the resource of the unit and maintain full performance throughout the entire service life of the hydraulic device. Let's deal with.
So, the power steering device includes the following items:
- Pump GUR;
- tank gur;
- hydraulic cylinder;
- Gur drive;
- hoses and nozzles;
If simply, on most machines today there is a so-called steering rail (rubber type control). In fact, this rail is in a bundle with the pump and there are GUR. Pump GUR, which is driven by the engine of the car through the belt of the attached equipment or from a separate electric motor (the eleticrohydrocessor of the steering wheel), the oil in the rail is injected under pressure. Please note, in the system, the working fluid circulates under large pressure.
When the wheels are straight, the gur's liquid simply pumped in a circle "Freshly". If the driver turns the steering wheel in one or the other side, the special distributor in the rail is bypasses the liquid and, by pressure, it becomes possible to push the shaft, which is also located inside the steering rack.
In turn, steering thrust are screwed to the shaft, which allows you to rotate the wheels of the car. At the same time, it is thanks to the work of the amplifier, it is not necessary to apply special efforts to rotate the steering wheel.
So, taking into account the fact that there is a natural wear of aggregates and nodes, oil in the GUR is polluted with chips and particles of such wear. Also, the fluid itself can hardly heal in this mechanism.
As well as any other oil (Motor
), an active package of additives in GOR oil is gradually tripled, that is, the fluid ceases to actively protect the details from wear, the protection against corrosion is deteriorating.
It is not difficult to guess that if you do not change the liquid of the GUR, then the node resource can significantly reduce. More precisely, fresh liquid reduces the load on the pump, reduce the intensity of its wear, remove or reduce extra noises when working.
It is also possible to extend the life of the oil, seals and other elements in the pump and the steering rack. It is for this reason that the replacement is usually recommended every 100 thousand km. mileage or every 5 years (depending on what comes before.).
Features of the choice of fluid gur
First of all, the replacement of oil in the GUR suggests draining the old liquid and the fill of the new one in full. It is important to understand that various hydraulic fluids can be used for different cars. In some cases, this is an ordinary ATF for automatic transmission (type dexron), whereas in others only special mineral oils and PSF liquids.
For this reason, it is necessary to pick up such a liquid that is recommended for the hydraulic device of a particular car. In practice, it is necessary to refrain from saving on this node, since the replacement is not as often.
In other words, it is better to immediately pour a suitable and high-quality fluid more expensive at a price, the cheap products of little-known manufacturers, especially with regard to the fact that the next replacement will be 80-100 thousand km.
It is important to understand that in the process of operation, the oil in the GUR is very heated. In fact, conditions are not so gentle as many people might think. It is most likely to work normally, the oil must comply with all the requirements, tolerances and recommendations, and also differ in difficult conditions, etc.
Replacing fluid GUR: How to run
Having understood with oil for GUR and preparing it in full (usually, not less than 1 liter), you can move to replacement. Replacing the hydraulic power steering fluid is not a complex procedure and can be performed independently in the conditions of a regular garage.
Replacing oil Gur suggests several stages:
- removal of old liquid;
- Washing system;
- Fill a new liquid and pumping;
Please note that the second point is often possible to skip, however, if the system is strongly contaminated, in the old oil a lot of chips, then it is better to rinse the GUR. It should be understood that more oil (hydraulic fluid) will be required for flushing). Also, to avoid mixing different oils, rinse the hydraulicel is best of all the same liquid as it will be filled for use.
So, for replacement you need to perform a number of actions:
- First you need to unscrew the steering power tank cover;
- Under the lid there is a filter that you need to get;
- If the filter is clogged with mud, sediments, etc., it is better to replace it with a new one or cleaned;
- Next, you need to pump up the liquid from the hydraulic tank (usually use a large syringe to pump and hose from the dropper). Through the hoses of the guro, the liquid from the tank is not recommended, since it is possible to pour the oil with a rotor space.
- Having devastated the tank, you should look inside. At the bottom there is a non-removable mesh-filter, which also need to be cleaned (can be kerose), removing the tank GUR. In some cases, when the grid is strongly contaminated, it is better to replace the entire tank.
- Now you need to remove the oil from the system itself. To do this, it is required to remove the thread hose first, removing the clamp. If the hose is bought, you can safely turn it on the tank fitting, then other hoses going to the tank are taken.
- Under the hoses, you need to put a predetermined container, then you can remove the hose by collecting the fluid to be drained into this container. Then the hoses must be lowered into empty containers.
- After that, for a short time, you can start the engine of the car, rotating the steering wheel from the stop until it stops to drain the residues of the fluid GUR.
- Please note the motor should be done no more than 1 minute, since the work without a fluid can output the hydraulic pot pump.
Another way is to drain liquid without launchDVS
. To do this, it is necessary to lift the front wheels (for example, on the jack) or under the front wheels to put the material on which they will be easily rotated (a sheet of smooth metal).
- After you can rotate the steering wheel, not a wrench. On the one hand, the method will not allow you to quickly and completely remove the remains of oil from the GUR, but on the other, the risks for the pump are minimized.
After completing the drain of the liquid, you can move or fill fresh oil, or to flushing. To wash, pour fluid into the system, but after it will need to be immediately drained or replaced after a short period of time (2-3 thousand km.). If necessary, the procedure is repeated several times.
- To fill fresh fluid in the GUR, you must first install the tank and fasten all the hoses, tighten the clamps.
- Then the oil in the GUR is poured to the maximum mark. The next step becomes the need to invite assistants.
- One person turns the engine and rotates the steering wheel, while the second poured oil into the tank, since after starting the OI, it will begin to actively go into the system.
- If there is no helper, you can not start the engine, just raising the wheels, pouring the oil into the tank and after rotating the steering wheel in the cabin. The procedure is longer in time, but fewer risks for the pump. After two or three rotations from the stop, it should be left out of the machine, check the oil level of the GUR in the tank and add liquid.
- When it can be seen that the liquid no longer leaves, the engine can be started and check again. Topping the oil to a maximum of a mark, the tank cover GUR can be closed, because the replacement itself is hung.
- After a few hundred kilometers of the mileage, it is necessary to check the oil level in the GUR tank again, inspect the hoses for leaks, etc.
By the way, if there is such a need, oil can always be maintained in a state of fresh, performing partial replacement of oil GUR. To do this, the old liquid is pumped out of the tank, the main (lower) hose Gur is also disconnected and sent to the container.
After the tank is poured fresh oil, the engine is hardened and continue to pour oil or rotate the steering wheel on the wovers without starting the engine, in parallel controlling the purity of the fluid that merges into the container. As soon as the fluid becomes clean, the oil level in the tank should be set, and the oil itself can be considered the refreshed.
The method is far from the most economical, since oils are not consumed, however, the system does not work "on dry", as with full plum. Also less risks to allow mistakes that can withdraw the HRR or reduce its resource.
Finally, we note that the optimal oil level is between MIN and MAX marks. However, not some auto car can have MIN COLD and MIN HOT labels, as well as Max Cold and Max Hot. So, these levels indicate the minimum and maximum level "on the cold" and "on the hot". In this case, you should not fill the oil to the Max Hot "on the cold" level, since after heating the liquid will expand, the oil can squeeze.
Normally, after replacing and warming up the GUR, the level must be in the middle (between MIN HOT and MAX HOT). If the "hot" fluid rose above MAX HOT, then the surplus is recommended to pump out the tank.
Tips and recommendations
Taking into account the fact that GUR is an important and responsible zombie, and the replacement of the gur is quite expensive (the hydraulic agent itself is expensive even for budget cars), it is recommended to pay increased attention to this system. It is important to check the oil level, monitor its condition and timely replace the fluid.
The oil level in the GUR tank must be at the mark not higher than "MAX" and not lower than "min". If a decrease is noticeable, then somewhere there is a leakage, the diagnosis of the hydraulic agent is necessary. At the same time, it is impossible to simply add the liquid and then to operate the car for a long time.
The fact is that the absence of tightness leads to the fact that there is a rapid wear of the pump and other steering elements, the mobility of the reducing valve is deteriorated, the parts are overheated, the treachery of the steering rack shaft is wearing, etc.
If everything is in order with the level, it is necessary to open the expansion tank to check the oil in the GUR, then any convenient way to make oil fence and drop on a sheet of clean paper. Normally, the fluid must be transparent, the color should be normal, without a strong darkening.
If the oil is muddy, with impurities or sediment visible, then the fluid is subject to replacement. The precipitate indicates the decomposition of additives that no longer work in such oil. This means that the oil in the GUR can foam, strongly oxidized, does not protect against wear and corrosion, etc.
We also recommend reading the article aboutWhy is it dangerous high oil level in automatic transmission
. From this article, you will learn what will happen if the oil level in the automatic box is above the norm or too high, and also why it is necessary to reduce the level of fluid in the machine to normal as soon as possible.
In other words, the hydraulic fluid is a consumable that agitates during operation. The working fluid in the GUR must be changed according to the regulations, as well as the replacement may be required more often (with amendment for severe operating conditions, gouring, etc.).
For example, if the hydraulic cylinder system has occurred, there was a breakdown of the hydraulic cylinder, the control of the spool or the pump or the steering rail or the pump changed entirely, after repairing the oil must be changed completely.
As part of the replacement, cleaning the tank GUR is required. You can make it an ordinary cleaner, then the tank is blocked by air from the compressor. If the grid is strongly contaminated in the tank, it is easier to install a new tank.
We also add that if defects (cracks, bundles) are visible on the hoses, and there were problems with high-pressure high pressure hoses and their fittings, such elements need to be replaced.
That in the end
As can be seen, the replacement of the GUR or its individual elements (seals, rail, pump) can be noticeably delayed due to the correct maintenance of the system. In other words, the hydraulicel must be regularly maintained with high-quality oil, just like the engine or gearbox.
We also recommend reading the article aboutHow is partial oil change in automatic transmission
. From this article, you will learn what pros and cons has a partial oil replacement in the automatic box, and also that you need to know about partial and complete replacement of oil in an automatic transmission.
At the same time, it is important to understand that not only comfort, but also safety depends on the maintenance of the GUR. For this reason, the system needs to be constantly checking for tightness, control the level and condition of the oil in the tank, as well as carry out unscheduled diagnostics and repair when the slightest failures in the operation of the steering or power steering.
The hydraulic power steering (GUR) helps the driver to rotate the steering wheel even outside the car movement, and when driving at high speed, it perfectly provides the necessary feedback on effort on managed wheels. For its quality work it is very important to maintain the characteristics of the hydraulic fluid located in it, which is special oil with defined parameters. Maintain them during operation accounts for a regular replacement of oil, which when working gradually degrades, that is, loses useful properties.
Why need oil in the power hydraulic tape
The oil in the GUR serves as a working fluid carrying the energy between the pump, which is rotated from the crankshaft, to the power actuator, in the role of which the hydraulic cylinder valves are supplied.
The hydraulic pump of the blade or plunger type creates a significant oil pressure, which comes along the reinforced hose to the spool distributor, it decides, to which side of the piston of the working cylinder is supplied to the liquid to compensate for a part of the reactive effort from controlled wheels on the steering wheel.
Thus, the driver remains only to the rotation of the steering wheel to designate the desired direction of turning the wheels, and the main force will form oil pressure on the piston. The turning angle of the Torsion in the distributor determines the desired gain.
The required stock of the oil is stored in the expendable tank connected to the low pressure hose pump. This also merges fluid from the return highway.
When and how often the liquid changes in the GUR
The general requirement for complying with the change of any working fluids in the car will be the recommendation of the manufacturer in the instruction manual. But they are usually written in the calculation of the maximum reduction of consumer spending in the first years of operation, that is, the care of longevity does not appear.
The inevitable loss of the working qualities of fluid over time and on the load per calculation is not accepted. Many generally write that the oil here is flooded for the entire service life of the car. In reality it does not happen.
As oil generates, the oil changes color and transparency. After 2-3 years, it is already frankly dark and differs from a new organoleptics. Laboratory studies confirm. Reasonable replacement period ensuring that the thin mechanics and hydraulics of the amplifier will give the highest possible resource, can be considered 3 years of operation or 60 thousand kilometers run , depending on what will come before.
Features of the choice of oil
It is often argued that any oil for automatic transmissions will go to GUR, they are approximately viscosity, but it is not so. The fact is that different requirements for these oils are presented.
It is interesting: What is a air filter, how to choose and replace it in the car
The general will only have lubricating properties, foaming resistance and pumping at operating temperatures. In both units, there are powerful pumps that provide significant control and strength pressure, but there is a significant difference.
- The automatic transmission has a sprocket package in its composition responsible for inclusion of gears. There are no them in the hydraulicel, which means there is no need to have properties of oil, limiting the ability to slip in highly compressed pressure of friction pairs. On the contrary, this quality may damage the operation of precision plunger pairs of hydraulic pumps.
- At the same time, the oil for GUR is more critical to anti-speaking characteristics. The stability of viscosity in the temperature range here is also of great importance.
Undoubtedly, ATF type oils for automatic boxes to work in GUR will be repeatedly verified. But not as good as specialized products developed in all the requirements of hydraulicians.
Replacing fluid in gur
The process of replacing the fluid here is relatively simple and similar to the principle of work in many cars. It is only necessary to follow the air intake in the system, it violates its normal work, and even can damage the hydraulic pump.
With partial replacement, only the liquid from the tank is removed, after which it is filled with fresh.
When working, the remaining oil is mixed with a newly bulged:
- The tank is revealed, and from there, the fluid has been pumped out there with the help of a suitable syringe, which is hoping a flexible plastic or rubber tube;
- The tank is filled with a new product to the maximum mark on its transparent wall or on the probe;
- Engine starts, and the steering wheel turns out several times in both sides until it stops, it is better to carry out this operation with possession of front wheels;
- If necessary, the level is communicated to the norm;
- Operations can be repeated than the more fluid take part in the exchange, the cleaner will be the remaining product.
With this method, it is very desirable to know what was specifically flooded in GUR, and prevent mixing of non-compatible liquids.
Full replacement on the example of Audi A6 C5
The complete replacement of the hydraulic oil provides the maximum effect for the system nodes and allows not to take care of the compatibility of the liquid.
The work is carried out not by mixing, as with partial, but on the principle of replacement of the old oil is new.
- Pump out the tank old liquid with the same syringe;
- Remove the feed and reversal hoses from the tank, unscrew the tank and drove it from under the hood thoroughly rinse with an aerosol cleaner of the carburetor or brakes, these compositions remove the dirt and deposit.
- Install the tank in place, connect the pressure hose, soak the reversal pipe in the tank, and the hose is lengthened and lowered under the car into the tank for collecting the waste fluid;
- Fill the tank fresh oil for steering hydraulic poles having a VAG tolerance for this car;
- Sit down the front wheels and rotating the steering wheel from the stop until the stop (auto does not start) proceed to the liquid plum, watching the color and transparency of the drain, not allowing the buck emptying, so as not to deliver the system;
- As soon as fresh transparent liquid goes from the return, the procedure can be completed, install the hose to the place and after starting the engine for a short time with a turn of the wheels to drown out.
- Restore the fluid level at the maximum mark.
Usually, for high-quality replacement of the liquid with the phase of purification of the GUR, up to two liters of fluid is required, although it is possible to arrange the result and with a smaller number of the new oil passed through the system.
Than rinse gur.
Sometimes the tank, the pump and steering rack turns out to be so in the started state after repeatedly missed the replacement time in it, which causes the need to pre-rinse the entire system. This specifically produces washing fluid for GUR. What got to wash this system from the inside it is impossible, too accurately and demanding on the oil these mechanisms are made.
An example of a decent liquid can serve as any product from a well-known manufacturer, in particular, if it is a popular manufacturer of Winn's car detergents, "Power Steering Flush" will be written on the canister, which means the steering hydraulic cleaner cleaner.
For flushing, the same procedures are done as for replacement, only first, the old liquid is supplemented with a cleaner, and only then it is extruded by fresh with standard oil.
The quality of washing will depend on the amount of the cleaner passed through the PC. Details for use are set forth on the label of a particular product.
It is believed that it is not necessary to change the solution in the steering hydraulicel during the entire operational period of the car. In practice, this is not the case - the oil is an "aging" consumator. Manufacturers recommend changing means every 2 years or 100 thousand km of run (the frequency must be checked in the instructions). In addition, sometimes circumstances arise for early measures.
This is affected by the features of the machine itself and the conditions for its use.
Learn the cost of replacing the fluid in the steering hydraulicel online in 3 minutes
Do not waste time - use the URemont search and receive the suggestions of the nearest services with specific prices!
Replacing the oil in the steering hydraulicel do it yourself
Premature measures may be needed, for example, if the details of the "steering" are refusing. After installing these parts, the wizard is recommended to replace the working fluid. Another emergency cause is the loss of tightness or refusal of one of the nodes (for example, the control of the spool, the hydraulic cylinder, etc.).
Experienced motorists advise more often to check the level and condition and hydrolysis. If the border is within the Fishing min and Max, everything is in order. With a low indicator, it will be necessary to check the integrity of the mechanism. In this case, urgent diagnostics and troubleshooting are required. If you ignore this recommendation, you can encounter the following troubles:
- an increase in the wear of pump spare parts (leads to cabinet problems in the area of the rings of compression);
- accelerated abrasion of gross teeth;
- reduced mobility of the pump valve as a result of overheating of pumping elements.
Replacing fluid GUR is needed if its state is unsatisfactory. To check, open the expansion tank and the dipstick take some oil to diagnose. Apply the material on a white paper napkin.
Resistant color and transparency indicate normal.
A solution with a noticeable precipitate is a sign of loss by additives of its functional. As a result, antioxidant and lubricating oil capabilities are lost. In this case, the system will refuse if you do not change the working fluid.
Replacing Oil in Gur - Algorithm
Prepare near the liter of fresh oil in the canister (accurate volume. Look in the operational guide of your car), the lift (in the "home" conditions are suitable for jacks), pure lint-free fabric, syringe, a capacity of 1.5 liters for drain. Further such an action algorithm:
- Install the machine on the lift (or on 2 jacks hang out the front wheels);
- unscrew the tank cover;
- pumped out "to work" the syringe;
- Alternately remove the main and pumping hoses;
- twist the steering wheel, not including the motor (the system "pumps" - residues merge);
- poured a "fresh" working solution, observing the level requirements;
- again rotate the steering wheel to distribute a new product in the system;
- Check the level and adjust it if necessary;
- lower cars;
- Run the engine and drive a few kilometers by car;
- Again, measurements are made and adjust the volume of the solution (for example, adding the tool to the desired value).
Replacing oil in the hydraulicel - nuances
If, in addition to the two designated wrappings, there are additional marks COLD and HOT, consider them on the basis of fluid temperature (at different temperatures its volume fluctuates). Excessively dirty tank must be dismantled and rinsed. To do this, you can use kerosene or gasoline, but we recommend to give preference to specialized tools.
Before installation, be sure to dry the unit (for confidence you can additionally blow with compressed air.
In the process of replacing the oil in the hydraulic power steering wheel, do not turn on the ignition at the "empty" system - without fluid can "fly" the pump. If you want to spend high-quality flushing system, after 20-30 km of running on a new oil, update it again described in this article in the manner.
Recall, the security and comfort of the driver depend on the correct operation of the node. When the slightest violations are found, it is necessary to quickly make diagnostics, not forgetting at the same time on scheduled inspections and updating the working mixture.
Replacing the hydraulic fluid - features of the GUR device
The aggregate under consideration includes:
- hydraulic cylinder;
- nozzles and hoses;
- drive unit.
Pump, pumping pressure, starts from the electric motor or directly the engine. As a result, the oil falls on the rail. With the direct position of the Wheel, the working solution circulates "inhabitant". When the position is changed, the special distributor restarts the oil, affecting the shaft (to which the steering thrust is attached). As a result, the work of the amplifier ensures the ease of rotation of the steering wheel. The timely replacement of fluid in the node allows you to extend the life of the spare parts, reducing the load on them. Otherwise, the resource of the unit is noticeably declining.
The choice of means to replace the fluid of the GUR do it yourself - an important stage. Depending on the vehicle, ATF or mineral analogues are used, for example, PSF. Save when buying is not worth it, since the work of the node directly depends on the quality of the solution. It is important to comply with the manufacturer's recommendations.
The main functions of the funds include:
- efficient energy transfer to the executive elements;
- Ensuring lubricant parts of the node;
- anti-corrosion protection;
- ensuring temperature stability;
- Barrier against the formation of deposits.
It is important to pay attention to the labeling (for example, MGA or AU), speaking about the scope of consumables.
The composition of the liquid refers to synthetic, petroleum and water-glycolic.
Focus more convenient to the generally accepted classification. Do not forget to take into account the degree of viscosity means, which is indicated by numbers in the range of 5-150. According to the Russian GOST, the letter designation determines the group to which the liquid refers (and the figure is viscosity). Do not forget to check the temperature features of the material (see the required criteria in the device passport). Also consider the season and terrain.
If you doubt your skills or do not want to spend time on independent manipulations, contact the car service. You can choose a suitable technical center on the Uremont.com aggregator. Here for car owners are the following tools:
- An interactive map with the designation of ST-partners;
- Chat with professionals (write the question of interest - the answer will go for countless minutes);
- Reviews and evaluations of users;
- thematic articles;
- Online application form, etc.